2 bags of dimes

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Last two bags, one from 2 weeks ago and one from yesterday, have been nothing to write home about, but decent. 6 and 4 keepers respectively. 1 merc and 9 rosies.

Good luck all, happy hunting!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560361704.524665.jpg

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's about par, unless you happen to catch a collection DUMP. Comes out to 1.25/box equivalent., better than a bag of skunks. Congrats.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
And better than sitting there for an hour plus ripping all of the rolls open! I’ll def take it. My first bag had 11, so I was a little spoiled on that one. Even still, can’t complain

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pulls man, love the merc!

Also, "About Par"!? Must be nice! Through 27 bags of dimes I've found 57 silver rosies, 13 foreign coins, and 2 mercs... I've completely given up on finding a proof/date checking now though and simply rim search, so can go through a bag in about 30-45 min...

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. A bag takes me like 2 hrs! Lol, it’s really tough to justify the time compared to what I find, but, the halves just aren’t panning out (another two skunk boxes today) so I feel like I need to find something. It is super easy, I just grab them at the CU when I pick up pennies, and they’re easy to dump.

Now that I can get the bags, I won’t search dime boxes any more, too much extra work opening all the rolls, plus the results aren’t great.

Also, this is only the third bag I’ve gotten, so I don’t have as large of a sample size as you do. They have quarters every week, I’ve been tempted to give them a shot

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been skunked on my last 6 quarter bags now. Though, I'm looking for Silver, Foreign, S and 2019 so that limits it but still... Just wish I could do more halves, no bank by me has bags and the fees they want to charge for boxes keeps me from buying any...

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s really stupid. I’ve never been charged a fee for ordering boxes, that seems outrageous to me. Halves are weak for me anyway, a good box is finding 1 40% coin. Most of the ones I get are skunks

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m sticking with odd-balls, the bank I’m using where I just moved to orders from NF String & Co and I swear they get coins from the Philly Mint. I got 6 brand new boxes of cents, 4 of dimes, no silver in 4 boxes of halves or quarters... so looks like it’ll be nickels til the death of me. Skunk streaks happen! But good things happen to those who wait :) good luck, love the posts!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wick: please get this right, NF String & Co is only the manufacturer of the paper rolls only, they do NOT fill the rolls with coin, and sell their generic rolls to any coin processor who wants to buy them. You can probably go to any office supply store ( Office Depot, Staples, etc., ) and they most likely sell those type of rolls.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh sorry Dozer, I’m used to my home bank in New England, where Loomis rolls come from the Loomis truck, so I figured it would be similar situations here. I’ll have to keep a closer eye to try to find out who their distributor is. Sorry!

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pulls man, love the merc!

Also, "About Par"!? Must be nice! Through 27 bags of dimes I've found 57 silver rosies, 13 foreign coins, and 2 mercs... I've completely given up on finding a proof/date checking now though and simply rim search, so can go through a bag in about 30-45 min...

Although not fool proof, you can usually spot proofs by rim checking if you pay attention. They will be clad, so they don't stick out that way. But most proofs look very sharp and to me seem to have slightly wider rims. I just date check the ones that look like they might be proofs. I might look a number that aren't, but it is usually a very small percentage of the overall number of dimes. The same is true for quarters and halves.

If you have a couple proof dimes, mix them into some misc dimes and see if you can tell the difference.

Of course, a worn proof dime will get by me... oh well.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude start that letter thats a great score

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread