Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not in 50 years! to big and cumbersome and why would you want to find every 6 foot deep bear can on the beach?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I agree with bay-walker, why would anyone want to use a 2-box on the beach, to begin with? They won't find an object smaller than a soda can. Well ... if you tried really hard, and had very good ears, and got it perfectly centered, maybe an object as small as a playing card or matchbox car. But realistically speaking, soda can size and larger. So .... in-lieu of the normal objective of beach hunting, I can't imagine a need or time to use a 2-box on the beach.

Unless you know of a cache someoe buried on the beach?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You looking for a cache or pirates chest? May get a little dicey digging it up!

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Ill help dig it up. Those chests can be heavy. We will throw it in the pickup and u tell me where you want me to bring it too. Yarrrrrrr

OP
OP
C

captED

Greenie
Jun 7, 2010
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
haha yea looking for a cache , two actually in two different spots both near or on the beach . so do you think sand or shallow water would effect it?

OP
OP
C

captED

Greenie
Jun 7, 2010
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
also can you determine the size of the object with a two box? so say im looking for something 2 feet wide could I tell the difference between a beer can and something bigger?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No you won't be able to tell the size of the target nor its depth very well. If you find some pop can and pull out the shovels, expect lots of on lookers and authorities to claim the "artifact."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread