2 boxes and a basket

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
I was the first at a 6:00am yard sale. I looked in the green (wood cigar) box and gave the lady $10.00 without opening anything else. I talked with her for a while for some history of the stuff. The person that died was over 100 years old and some of this was from his mother. He was a miner, engineer and an inventor. Some of the stuff is from when he was little, including report cards, marbles, the metal arrowhead.
The daguerreotype photo was probably his grandmother, it was wrapped in a cloth in the bottom.

The silverware and other photos had been sold to an antique store. The silverware in the picture is plated and worn. I did find a nice sterling fingernail file and cuticle set! (well for a minute then, then it was spotted by my girlfriend)

There was also a pair of 14k gold filled wire glasses, wire glasses with rose colored lenses an old clay pool ball. The boxes were fun to go through!

R

HighTone

Jun 30, 2011
Monroe County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Etrac ~ Tesoro Vaquero ~ Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice...Those glasses would sell good on feebay..Great finds :thumbsup:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a better pic of the lighters?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little cache of antique goodies. I got one last week that was similar (cache of goodies in a cigar box that is). :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions