apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, teach her now to love the hobby of coin collecting. My 5 year old granddaughter is a Jefferson fan. She carries around the "blue book" she received free at a coin show (with a couple of war nickels inside). She has even taken it for show and tell at school. She says her old grannie principal (she always tells everyone I am a principal) collects these coins (oh, youth! I am only 50! Well, some think that is old, I am just getting started).

Take your baby girl to a coin show and she will receive lots of attention and free gifts. So many vendors will let her pick out foreign coins, give her war nickles, and wheat cents. Plus, books to put them in. She will have a blast. It seems they see more boys than girls, so that is a bonus for us "ladies."

Just my two cents,
apush :read2:

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good score MercMan, and a nice way to spend time with the little one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH...Miner

OP
OP
MercMan

MercMan

Sep 15, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II
That is a great idea apush - I will keep an eye open for the next one in our area. Thxs.

She has shown a little interest in detecting with me. I started at 8 but like me it is short time in the field before wanting to stop and play. ;D I thought CRH might be another way to get her interested in coins. She wanted to take the 2 boxes back today for more!

Oh yeah we also found a 1967 British One Penny in one of these rolls.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
apush said:
Yes, teach her now to love the hobby of coin collecting. My 5 year old granddaughter is a Jefferson fan. She carries around the "blue book" she received free at a coin show (with a couple of war nickels inside). She has even taken it for show and tell at school. She says her old grannie principal (she always tells everyone I am a principal) collects these coins (oh, youth! I am only 50! Well, some think that is old, I am just getting started).

Take your baby girl to a coin show and she will receive lots of attention and free gifts. So many vendors will let her pick out foreign coins, give her war nickles, and wheat cents. Plus, books to put them in. She will have a blast. It seems they see more boys than girls, so that is a bonus for us "ladies."

Just my two cents,
apush :read2:

I got into coins as a kid.. it's really a hobby where you start when you're young.. I remember in 4th grade.. some kid had a folder full of 2x2's of different coins.. like Mercs & Buffalo Nickels for show and tell. All the other kids were fighting to see the binder. It got me hooked and made me want to buy a buffalo nickel. I've collected all sorts of things when I was young. Coins have always been the best in terms of retaining value.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
My daughter and I CRH together. She is 9, and I'm not sure which she enjoys the most, opening the rolls or finding silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread