2-Day Hunt Highs (Gold rings!) and Lows...(Lost and then Found my pro pointer)

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Finished a 2-day Beach Hunt as we were having record warmth here in the great lakes (although water temps are 33-34 degrees).
day-1 Sunny & warm brought plenty of clad and 2 gold rings including a 10k with some ice (the good kind!) the other a heavy 14k band.
already checked with a jeweler and the diamonds are real, 1/2 KW (pics really brought out the gold, looking better after a trip to the jeweler for a cleaning) 2017-02-21 14.28.27.jpg 2017-02-21 17.15.36.jpg 2017-02-21 17.17.12.jpg
Having a awesome day until I noticed my Garrett AT Pro Pointer was missing...elation turns to disappointment, I re-traced my steps and no luck.
I have thought about getting a lanyard for it & regretted not picking one up.

Day-2 I had hoped to go elsewhere on a super warm day inland as the Lakeshore was foggy, windy and 20 degrees colder. Weather can get weird around the Great lakes. The Middle of the day looked like a spooky movie along the shoreline, a guy was flying an expensive kite about 75 yards from me & you can't even see him.
2017-02-22 14.00.18-1.jpg
but I returned to try and find my AT Pro pointer in the shallows somewhere. Retraced my steps best I could and took a beating from the icy cold waves. found more clad and
2.5 hours in, I couldn't believe my luck, my earphones exploded (I have a black pro pointer which I used to figure out what signal/tone to look for)
sure enough, still attached to the holster, I found it, buried point down in the shallows! I must not have had the snap and Velcro tight on the holster and the strong waves must have knocked it off my belt and beat it down in the sand. Felt like I found another gold ring! (& a needle in a haystack given the conditions)
2017-02-22 14.15.55.jpg 2017-02-22 15.42.00.jpg
And yes, 24 hours in the cold water, and it powered up and worked great. I got pretty beat up today, but came home with a smile and a lesson learned-get a lanyard!
All the best, enjoy the hunt!

Attachments

• 2017-02-22 14.00.20.jpg
    2017-02-22 14.00.20.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 16

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings Nowandthen! Sure glad you recovered your Garrett Carrot, I bet you were sick about that...congrats on a couple great days...ddf

tlh2865

Jan 4, 2017
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding the pro pointer, those were some long odds indeed looking at those waves!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing and congratulations on the nice ice! :occasion14:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost my Lesche digging tool for 20 minutes tromping around the Forrest. I can only imagine losing my carrot! Nice recovery. Nice gold!!!

OP
OP
NowandThenTreasures

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings Nowandthen! Sure glad you recovered your Garrett Carrot, I bet you were sick about that...congrats on a couple great days...ddf

Just made me sick to my stomach when I realized tired it was missing. Nothing I could do about it that day, no more daylight, tired from the long day, weather was turning, glad I rallied to find it though on day #2!

OP
OP
NowandThenTreasures

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding the pro pointer, those were some long odds indeed looking at those waves!!

Many Thanks, and yes I agree, my heart sank when I came back and saw those conditions for the recovery operation. I stuck to a grid pattern best I could given the conditions going over the area where I had been the previous day, felt like a Gold miner going through a large area of tailings!
One other story from that day, I had a good idea of the signal & tone I was looking for programmed in that day on my detector and I had a false alarm about 30-minutes before finding my Garrett-Carrott,
I found a kids metal sand shovel which even had an orange handle and a similar tone, I thought, What a Teaser. Still so glad I recovered my pin Pointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread