2 dead after fiery crash involving tanker truck on Pa. Turnpike in Montgomery County

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It happened late Saturday morning in the northbound lanes of the Northeast Extension (I-476) in Worcester Twp. between the Mid-County and Lansdale exits.

Police say a vehicle was stopped in the right lane of the multi-lane highway due to a flat
tire. Another driver stopped to help and pulled behind the car with its hazard lights on.

Police say a tanker truck carrying jet fuel was unable to stop in time and slammed into both vehicles, which caused a large fire.

The driver of the tanker truck and the driver of the second vehicle were both pronounced dead. The driver of the first vehicle with a flat tire was hospitalized for unknown injuries.

All lanes of the highway are shut down between those exits, and Turnpike officials expect them to be closed for an extended period of time.

Footage captured by passing motorist Hector Lucena shows the scene soon after the crash, as emergency services were arriving.

"My God, debris all over the place. What happened here?" Lucena says aloud in the video, before passing the burning tanker.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oct 21, 2023
Two people were killed and another person was injured after a fiery, multi-vehicle crash involving a tanker crash and several other vehicles on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, sources tell Action News. Read more: https://6abc.com/pennsylvania-turnpik...

jose159

Jul 15, 2021
SW Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely Terrible!!Driving on that Turnpike(especially western Pa) is a white knuckle experience with all the trucks.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to take the Turnpike when going to the Spectrum in Philly Turnpike to 76 .
76 was Bad Enough in the 70's , now it's 10 times as Bad :(
Turnpike back then was Awesome !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread