2 firsts for me today

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
Was supposed to meet a friend this morning to hunt his dads old farmhouse but he was a no show.Decided to go back to an old homestead about 20 minutes away.Called a guy i met a few weeks ago to see if he wanted to tag along,he said he would meet me there.THings started off pretty slow,got a few lincolns that were deep enough i had to check then got a nice deep signal that was repeatable and had nice tone but numbers w2ere bouncing.found the 1847 braided hair at about 7 inches.We puttered around there for about another hour i picked up a few wheats{i prolly ought to check the dates on those}then moved to a stubble field a few miles away.Got a little junk then got nice strong signal,dug down about 2 inches and got my first coronet largie.Is also first time for a 2 largie day for me.the coronet date is not readable but im still very happy with it

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 215
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Congrats on a great day!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice large cents, they sure look good in the dirt when you dig them up!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there. I see what you mean about the Coronet. At least you can read the first two numbers. Hit that site again and see if you can find a few more. How old is that homesite? Is there a possibility of some colonial finds?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread