2 Firsts in 2 Days!!!

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On Father's day I went out hunting for a couple hours at a local school and came up with my first Indian Head penny. It was about 4 inches down in a plug that someone else cut, but apparently missed. Lucky me! It's in rough shape, but I'll take it.

Then yesterday June 20th I was granted permission to hunt at a local church. It was built in 1738 and I figured it had to hold some goodies. At about 7" I pulled out my first ever "V" nickel. The soil at the church is very sandy, so I bet the good finds are going to be very deep. I'll be back to get more! Enjoy!

Happy Hunting!

Nate

Attachments

• 1874Indianheadpenny.jpg
    1874Indianheadpenny.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 749
  • 1912Vnickel.jpg
    1912Vnickel.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 739
Upvote 0
Wellcome to Tnet Nate!! WTG on 2 firsts! You are on the right track for some great finds! It didnt even occur to me but we were down over the weekend hunting the surf ill look you next time!

Great finds, looks like a great place to make alot more first finds, good luck.

jamesbibb said:
Wellcome to Tnet Nate!! WTG on 2 firsts! You are on the right track for some great finds! It didnt even occur to me but we were down over the weekend hunting the surf ill look you next time!

Definitely look me up next time James. Did you have any luck?

Thank you Gadigger81 and MKnTenn!

congrats! Great finds....I just found my first V Nickel the other day too. Love finding old coins.

nice finds!!! MR TUFF

Congrats on the firsts!!!

Check to see if that V is a "D", or an "S" mintmark.
You just never know. Nice digs,
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back