2 gold coins in less then two months detecting

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Well you wouldn't believe it. It took me 20 years before i found my first Half Sovereign then in less then 2 months i go and find another one.
Todays Sovereign came from a country racecourse 250 km from home,yes a long trip over 500km round trip but i look at it as a day out,seeing the countryside,stopping of at smal towns and having a nice cold beer and a chance to talk with my mate who i hadn't seen since a fortnight ago,last week i stuffed my back and couldn't get out,Trev who always goes with me went to some local parks and found $60 dollars 1 silver ring and 1 silver bracelet.
Comeing back to todays trip i found, the Half Sov 1 1946 shilling 1 1905 3pence 1 1924 3pence 1 old steel button and $2.76 in modern money.
Trev found 1 1924 shilling 1 1933 penny and $10.00 in modern coins.
We left home at 7am and got back at 6.15 pm a good days outing.

While i'm here may i wish you all a safe and joyfull Christmas.
Best wishes to all Raoul

Attachments

• 1896 Half Sovereign (306 x 150).jpg
    1896 Half Sovereign (306 x 150).jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

? ? ? Fantastic!!!!? ? You got your Christmas Wish early.? ?I don't know my exchange rate. What would that have been in approximate US dollars?? ?Is that about the size of a US nickel?? What did it read at on your meter?? ? ? ? O K? enough questions.? ?Congratulations!!!? ? ?WTG!!? ? ?HH

Z

ZumbroKid

So how many gold coins have you found detecting now? Are you up to three? Most on here who have gotten a gold coin are only at one.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
i must say i, still at "0" for 25 years, way to go, maybe today the day for me..

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing!!! How did you do that? ??? Let me know what kind of good luck charm you use.LOL :)Merry Christmas and happy hunting.

OP
OP
Raoul

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Hi again and thanks for looking, i will answer a couple of your questions.
H.H its worth $250 Aus US $188 and on the mxt meter came up as 28 and its a posative 28 as both gave the same reading. Sorry i don't know the size of a us nickel so i cant answer that question.

Free Two Dtect i have found 3 gold coins my first 1 was a full Sovereign found while i was water detecting and some peanut had turned it into a pendent hy cutting out the initial H in hewbrew that was found about 12 years ago, and the two half Sovereigns was found in the last 2 months.

I have posted a pic of my 5 most valuable coins, 1 is a Prisoner of war camps coin 1 is a predecimal coin and is a rare date one and the other 3 are gold Sovereigns.

Cheers Raoul

Attachments

• My 5 most valuable coins (500 x 305).jpg
    My 5 most valuable coins (500 x 305).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 360

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great day for you! What can one say about gold coins other than a big congrats! The H reminds me of the symbol for PI=3.1415 etc. HH, Mike

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
One point is I see a lot of people complain that they found a great coin but it was defaced in some way and turned into a necklace for example. If you think about it, you would never have found the coin anyway if it hadn't been changed like that and worn around someone's neck to be lost. So, just a way to rationalize feeling better about the condition it's in.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
IceBergie said:
One point is I see a lot of people complain that they found a great coin but it was defaced in some way and turned into a necklace for example. If you think about it, you would never have found the coin anyway if it hadn't been changed like that and worn around someone's neck to be lost. So, just a way to rationalize feeling better about the condition it's in.

Very good point. I'll take em any way they come.

The thing that ticks me off is when I damage a coin by careless digging!

It seems that my best finds show up when I'm tired and I really don't want to dig another hole.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RAOUL!

What awesome finds! :o

Top Member Reactions