Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO Today I had another minute to plat with the CTX. I it a little monster to learn but I think I am getting the hang of it finally and have something to show for it today. Was working with a clean up the beaches crew and found the misc Fishing lure couple of iron nails and loads of pop tabs. The girls were giddy everytime I had something to put in the trash.
I was not having much luck on the keepers though. Thought the beach was overworked. I found a 91 Washington clad and a Penny that had tumbled in the surf so much that I thought I had a dime. Can barely make out lincoln and the memorial forget about a date.
The CTX has an undeniable Iron grunt so grunt grunt grunt all day. I worked up to the boardwalk that has Iron pylons (the surf comes into here at high tide) and every Pylon was grunting and maxing out the ctx everytime I got to near. The third Pylon in I get a grunt followed by a High squeal then grunt grunt grunt squeal.

Sooo I pull out my new Garrett pinpointer and work away from the pylon. I got nothing. I star 2 g1h.jpg t pushing the pinpointer into the ground and sure as shinola I get a ping about 8" down. I dust off the top 5" of sand and get my sifter in and out pops not 1 But T doubleU 2 Gold Rings! One with real .03 Diamonds :) 4x the grins

They look like they were dropped yesterday. I only rinsed them when I got home for the photo shoot. Both rings are exactly the same size so someone did a toofer in the sand. My very first dug gold so I had to post it.

Cheers All

Upvote 16

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SO Today I had another minute to plat with the CTX. I it a little monster to learn but I think I am getting the hang of it finally and have something to show for it today. Was working with a clean up the beaches crew and found the misc Fishing lure couple of iron nails and loads of pop tabs. The girls were giddy everytime I had something to put in the trash.
I was not having much luck on the keepers though. Thought the beach was overworked. I found a 91 Washington clad and a Penny that had tumbled in the surf so much that I thought I had a dime. Can barely make out lincoln and the memorial forget about a date.
The CTX has an undeniable Iron grunt so grunt grunt grunt all day. I worked up to the boardwalk that has Iron pylons (the surf comes into here at high tide) and every Pylon was grunting and maxing out the ctx everytime I got to near. The third Pylon in I get a grunt followed by a High squeal then grunt grunt grunt squeal.

Sooo I pull out my new Garrett pinpointer and work away from the pylon. I got nothing. I star View attachment 1150812 t pushing the pinpointer into the ground and sure as shinola I get a ping about 8" down. I dust off the top 5" of sand and get my sifter in and out pops not 1 But T doubleU 2 Gold Rings! One with real .03 Diamonds :) 4x the grins

They look like they were dropped yesterday.

Cheers All

That's one of the reasons I LOVE finding gold. It lasts forever.

I saw a guy on the British Antiques Roadshow a while back. He found an old, ornate gold band. Turns out it was Roman.
Looked like it was dropped that day.

Congrats on your double gold in one hole What are the odds??
I wonder how long it'll be before that happens again??

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one of the reasons i LOVE finding gold. It lasts forever.

I saw a guy on the British Antiques Roadshow a while back. He found an old, ornate gold band. Turns out it was Roman.
Looked like it was dropped that day.

Congrats on your double gold in one hole What are the odds??
I wonder how long it'll be before that happens again??

One scoop 2 rings. Imagine my shock? and my first dug gold to boot. I hope its an OMEN :)

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! What a great looking couple of ring a ding dings!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One scoop 2 rings. Imagine my shock? and my first dug gold to boot. I hope its an OMEN :)

I didn't realize it was also your first.

That hunt is most definitely one for the record books.
Absolutely amazing find(s).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread