2 gold this morning...

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
The last few mornings were bleak, with very few targets and only a few clad coins, so I was feeling a bit discouraged. But, you can't find gold sleeping in, so I went back out at first light this morning to an ocean bay that I hadn't hunted yet this year. It was a beautiful morning, with perfect weather, calm waters, and a scenic swimming beach surrounded by sailboats moored just outside the swim buoys.

I got the 14k crucifix first, and within about 10 minutes I got the 10k white gold band...

9ce1c70e.jpg

Upvote 0

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a beautiful cross! Congrats on both pieces of gold. Keep it up! :hello2:

OP
OP
time4me

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the nice replies everyone! It is hunts like this that keep me motivated and inspired to keep going out again and again, even after a long dry spell.

I also look to all of you, through your posts, for inspiration! I think it was Dr. Joe who said the gold is there - sometime it shows itself and sometimes it doesn't, but it is there. I tend to agree!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time4me said:
Thanks for the nice replies everyone! It is hunts like this that keep me motivated and inspired to keep going out again and again, even after a long dry spell.

I also look to all of you, through your posts, for inspiration! I think it was Dr. Joe who said the gold is there - sometime it shows itself and sometimes it doesn't, but it is there. I tend to agree!

Lots of gold there, just have to get the coil over it, move some of this da-n sand so we can see it......

OP
OP
time4me

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
plymouthian12 said:
looking good when you going back?

Hey Kent, I head back home to California this coming Friday. Sorry I missed the hunt with you and Rick last weekend - I really wanted to do that one, and was planning on it all week, but for some reason I had Sunday in my head, not Saturday, so I missed out. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get together again for a hunt when I'm back next summer.

Jim

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe we'll get a night hunt in before you go

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Nice gold! Congrats :icon_thumright:

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
You got a great payday on your early am hunt. I'm inspired, Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions