ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 Good Buttons & Horse Pendant...

Time for another day off, we had rain yesterday & the weather is still T-Shirt :icon_scratch:
Spent 4.5 hours on my own in the Wheat stubble field I explored last week for 1.5 hours (didn't get much). The stubble is 8 inches & weedy/grass, but does have some tyre flatten areas.

2nd Queens Royal Regiment of Foot pewter button (18th C) :)
Circa 1820-30 'WLV' Militia Button (no idea on ID yet)
Circa 14th C Medieval Pendant with the 3 Lions of England :icon_thumright:
2 Roman Coins
2 Lead Tokens
1667 1/2 Penny Token from Grantham

A nice result for a difficult field with not much about...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 727
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 734
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 757
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 752
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 739
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 740
Upvote 0
Re: 2 Good Buttons & Horse Pendant...

Nice when you don't get so old I can't relate to your finds some what :laughing7: I like the little pie shaped lead token & of course the half penny.The reg.buttons are cool to the "WLV" came up good.I guess the pendant stands out as the best for me.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Love the pendant mate :icon_thumleft:

The horse pendant is interesting. What do You think about the owner as it is with the lions? (not the horse....) Royal related? Great find!!!

Great pendant mate :icon_thumleft:. I had a look in my heraldic book :read2:, but this is all it has "The arms of the second Great Seal of King Richard I, used by his successors until 1340: three golden lions passant guardant, on a red field". Once again, :thumbsup: great find

hammered

Westfront said:
The horse pendant is interesting. What do You think about the owner as it is with the lions? (not the horse....) Royal related? Great find!!!

hammered said:
Great pendant mate :icon_thumleft:. I had a look in my heraldic book :read2:, but this is all it has "The arms of the second Great Seal of King Richard I, used by his successors until 1340: three golden lions passant guardant, on a red field". Once again, :thumbsup: great find

hammered
Hammered has the answer (thanks).
However, they would not only be used by the Royal's but all their entourage as well, & I suspect it was a 'generic' type used by weathy King's supporters, as it the 3rd one I have found.
It's one of the more common types.

Thanks for the replies Hammered and Cru! Something learned again!

dam what sum goodie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

nice horse pendant !! :headbang: ... I thought were Cheetahs (they are a more little thin and elongated).
Congratulations on the upcoming Catholic king in U.K :laughing7: ... is a joke my friends ,I hear in the news .
H

3 things I like... as you do too.. Medieval pendants, 17th century trade tokens, and early military. Only 1 out of 3 possible here of course but it would be great to see a token show. (extremely unlikely though)

Iron Patch said:
3 things I like... as you do too.. Medieval pendants, 17th century trade tokens, and early military. Only 2 out of 3 possible here of course but it would be great to see a token show. (extremely unlikely though)

Don't quite understand, I got all 3 :icon_scratch: (the token is bottom middle of picture 4)

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
3 things I like... as you do too.. Medieval pendants, 17th century trade tokens, and early military. Only 2 out of 3 possible here of course but it would be great to see a token show. (extremely unlikely though)

Don't quite understand, I got all 3 :icon_scratch: (the token is bottom middle of picture 4)

yes, " 3 things I like" < Three of the things you got.

nice pendant!! good hunt as usual!

Always enjoy seeing see your finds Cru . . . very interesting! :o
These two pieces are my favourites!

Best of luck to you and your Dad this weekend, :icon_thumright:
Dave

Attachments

• Bell.JPG
    Bell.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 689
  • Coin.JPG