Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well of course I cheated because I had some PLP pay dirt I bought in Dec that was untouched till now. End of Dec is about the time my Mom got hit with a whole slew of new medical problems/conditions that eventually got her into a good local nursing home. There is nothing better than good btw. (For those of you who have yet to care for an aging parent, prepare yourself for the toughest job ever. Nuff said.)

Anyways, the rain finally stopped and the sun came out for half the day and I took a couple personal hours to play and get back into the groove. I classified the dirt to +12 and panned what remained. Nothing showed up till the very end (imagine that :tongue3: ) and two almost pickers showed up (first pic...they stick to your finger but fall off quickly) Then panned the minus 12 and found a bit more but about the same weight. Total was 0.2 grams (about $8 bucks worth at best) for $14.55 delivered. It did easily clean up just by 1x classifying and a little panning (thanks DD) and also got some interesting larger pieces which I will likely send to GI as some tiny flower was also in the mix as well as quartz and garnets.

Ah well, it went to a good cause and definitely brightened my day as all pieces made that glorious sound when they hit the paper plate. And I got a nice personal note from Jerry on the receipt too. :thumbsup:

And in the meantime, I discovered my new LG phone doesn't take near as good pics as my old one so I quess I'll keep it just for field pics. Was a terrible learning curve with the new LG, windows says no driver, no support, no required memory card then no help on how to install it when you get it. Not fun. BangHead:

But...here is what I could transfer and post. Kinda hoping for a bit more but isn't that always the way? Gonna try to take advantage of a couple good days coming soon and maybe get out Friday to do some promised upper bench sampling and a recent major slide that's somewhat safe and easy to get to and collect. Not sample tho...too far from water...can't have everything of course. Let the season begin! :headbang:

0315161400-00.jpg 0315161427-00.jpg

001.jpg 0315161441-00.jpg

Upvote 0

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good one Jeff. I got out too! For the season opener it wasn't bad still sore LOL! Gotta finish my cons to see what I got as soon as I can walk again. I too know about aging parents. It can be trouble some we'll all be there one day.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Mom will be 90 in 5 weeks. She still drives, only retired last Spring. I'm pretty blessed in this.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool Jeff , Glad too see some Gold !

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok.... Now that you've had a "Warm-up" and mom is doing good, get yer buttocks out there and get some of the free range gold instead of that penned stuff!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First LOL of the day Jeff. Tanks! Course it's after 10 here and I just woke up. Gin and Melatonin work really good when you need a little extra to sleep.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread