Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been avoiding clad hunting recently.

and avoiding these Clad era Ball fields for ever.

#1.

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

But I Needed $5.00 worth of Quarters to do my Laundry,
Hate to break a Five, and just not seeing Quarters where
I've been hunting this year :(

so I decided a Quarter run was in order :laughing7:

My Trash today was skimpy but still unavoidable hunting fast & by ear

DSCF0007.JPG

also a few Keepers

DSCF0005(1).JPG

And $6.80
which is more then Minimum wage was for 2 Hours back in '73 when I gradgeeated :laughing7:

DSCF0003(1).JPG

Upvote 6

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff of pa..sometimes it is good for me to break the cycle of relic hunting and silver searching, and go dig a huge butt-load of clad...just to break things up, especially when I have had a "dry" spell, if you all get my drift. And if you are needing laundry $$...more the better!! There's something about finding quarters that I love...most are 1-3 inches deep, easily found and easily located with my pin-pointer, eliminating the need to dig a plug. Just yesterday, I went out to our local "hunted out" fairgrounds for a change of pace..and actually found a bunch of interesting stuff, along with tons of clad. The things I did find indicate that there is a LOT more silver and valuable stuff to be found yet, things that serious hunters would have already dug had they swung a coil over them. One was a door handle to an old car, a tin lid to a "Merry Widows" condom container (!) (pre WWII) and a 1965 half-penny, ALL of which rang up high...Thanks for sharing...and don't wash the reds with the whites!...ddf

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff of pa..sometimes it is good for me to break the cycle of relic hunting and silver searching, and go dig a huge butt-load of clad...just to break things up, especially when I have had a "dry" spell, if you all get my drift. And if you are needing laundry $$...more the better!! There's something about finding quarters that I love...most are 1-3 inches deep, easily found and easily located with my pin-pointer, eliminating the need to dig a plug. Just yesterday, I went out to our local "hunted out" fairgrounds for a change of pace..and actually found a bunch of interesting stuff, along with tons of clad. The things I did find indicate that there is a LOT more silver and valuable stuff to be found yet, things that serious hunters would have already dug had they swung a coil over them. One was a door handle to an old car, a tin lid to a "Merry Widows" condom container (!) (pre WWII) and a 1965 half-penny, ALL of which rang up high...Thanks for sharing...and don't wash the reds with the whites!...ddf

at one point I actually wished Clad Dollars were used regularly :tongue3:

But those Quarters do add up quick :laughing7:

as For red with white.
I only ended up with pink once. :unhappysmiley:
after that I learned :tongue3:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Clad does come in handy, Jeff. I wash my vehicle more often than I did before I started detecting, lol!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless I'm on a particular research quest, I do most of my hunting in places where the clad fills in between the silver/gold/old targets. ;)

It's fun for me to have a target rich area in which to play. :) Then, every now and then, a positive surprise pops up to give me an "exit find" for the day.
And you are right, they DO add up!

After all, (even though I've found enough stuff to never have to worry about battery money per se), I sometimes go for just that, the battery pool. Feels kinda nice, the machine buying it's own fuel. LOL

Nice run today!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thats a nice take! I havent clad hunted in a while but county fair is up in late September, that should b good for about 40-50 bucks in easy pickins of clad!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saved up my clad and bought a set of 8 rechargeable AA batteries and charger at Wal-Mart. So now all my clad goes towards my retirement. Found $.96 cents yesterday. Well on my way after a day like that.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear you on the clad my 1st yr on here i found enough for laundry for the year and then some

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saved up my clad and bought a set of 8 rechargeable AA batteries and charger at Wal-Mart. So now all my clad goes towards my retirement. Found $.96 cents yesterday. Well on my way after a day like that.

Yep, that works as well. But, in all my years of doing this, I've never gotten past a couple of prejudices I have against rechargeables.
One is how, when they lose their charge, they LOSE their charge!! I mean it drops off to nothing. Done. That can be salvaged
by having a backup set ready to go. But, I just don't seem to do as well with them. So, as long as my machine finds enough to pay for batteries,
I'll continue to buy the ones that have worked so well for me.

Besides, it's a fallacy. One can NEVER save enough money to retire. By the time one gets there, the money is devalued, (just look at zincolns! ;) LOL ), and the expenses are through the roof and climbing.

Still, rechargeables are a nice way to not have to buy batteries. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread