Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unknown to each other we both stopped at this place
and asked Permission for us to hunt it,
we were told it was hunted hard over the years,
I was told there was someone there asking the week before.
only took 2 Seconds to ask if it was my Nephew :laughing7:
it was :thumbsup:

Anyway, We got an early start this morning since we didn't have much time.

only History according to Tax site Buildings date to 1940
and was POWELLS VALLEY EVANGELICAL & CHURCH CAMP

POWELLS VALLEY EVANGELICAL & CHURCH CAMP.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0013.JPG

DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

DSCF0018.JPG

My takehome,
37 cent gas rebate

DSCF0022.JPG

trash
DSCF0019.JPG

an Eyball find in the tall grass

DSCF0032.JPG

and a 1917-S ,

DSCF0027.JPGDSCF0031.JPG

my nephew ( djm of PA ) got a Buffalo

Last edited:
Upvote 5
cool looking place,,nice score on the wheat

That place looks like it ought to be loaded - makes me think of those first generation metal detectorists - back in the sixties/seventies ,
when every site was a "virgin" site !

Pottsville is where a member told me she was from.Are you near there Jeff? I wouldbe wanting to crawl under that foundation when the threat of ticks was gone,ya never know.

Last edited:
Pottsville is where a member told me she was from.Are you near there Jeff? I wouldbe wanting to crawl under that foundation when the threat of ticks was gone,ya never know.

Yes I'm 25 Minutes From Pottsville.

Place is Loaded with Poison and High weeds,
I imagine the tics & snakes were there too but as usual I didn't
see any of them :dontknow:

I did stop for a Gallon of Clorox though for my hands when I got home here :laughing7:
I should be breakout Proofed

Never been there but there seems to have been a lot of history in coal,mining ,and iron making there. I Googled the area a while back because that is where Holly Snow/ Jimmi had told me she was from. Hoping its okay to mention her name since it looks like she is still a member) We still have poison ivy growing here,that's where a good Clorox rinse will come in handy.

Never been there but there seems to have been a lot of history in coal,mining ,and iron making there. I Googled the area a while back because that is where Holly Snow/ Jimmi had told me she was from. Hoping its okay to mention her name since it looks like she is still a member) We still have poison ivy growing here,that's where a good Clorox rinse will come in handy.

allot of the poison is turning Orange here now

DSCF0007.JPG

although I would have guessed a Different Pottsville, in a different state If she had told me that,
I honestly don't know.
We do have at least one member from Pottsville stops in on occasion, &
a few from just outside the city. Yes Pottsville was where The First coal in our area was found. & the home of Yuengling Beer :occasion14:

The Pottsville Republican is our County News paper

Last edited:
Here are my finds, 18 cents and a lonely no date buffalo

Owner really knew his stuff when he said "you won't find much, I can't express how much attention this place has gotten over the years"> I'm just glad we each found something old!

Attachments

• second (1).JPG
    second (1).JPG
    779.8 KB · Views: 95
  • second (2).JPG
    second (2).JPG
    739.3 KB · Views: 82
Here are my finds, 18 cents and a lonely no date buffalo

Owner really knew his stuff when he said "you won't find much, I can't express how much attention this place has gotten over the years"> I'm just glad we each found something old!

yea when you walked over with it, I was really hoping it was Silver,
but a buffalo, even without a date is cool !
Thanks for posting it :thumbsup:

I think if the place was mowed there is more, But the prime spots may have never been mowed since the place went down.

Plus if this was the Tabernacle & Lunch rooms

DSCF0012.JPG

the floor in there may be loaded

Last edited:
floor in there was concreted over :(
I was in there while you were concentrating on the road ;)

LOL I peaked in when I first got down there but thought Too
dark without all the Walls opened.

Great looking place. Whether I was told it was hard hunted or not, I'd never pass up an opportunity to hunt it. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

I think there is a Pottsville and a Pottstown in Pa. I think she was from Pottstown. And Pottsville is the one with the shiney new Sheetz store. Is that right, Jeff?

Getting to hunt with your nephew? Priceless!

WTG

I think there is a Pottsville and a Pottstown in Pa. I think she was from Pottstown. And Pottsville is the one with the shiney new Sheetz store. Is that right, Jeff?

I don't know about " shiney new" but yea I believe there may be a sheetz in town :laughing7:

& Yes I have a hunch she said Pottstown

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back