Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I couldn't go fishing today, about 2 hours before the rains came, I tried mding on one of my bay beaches. I found lots of lead, $1.17 in clad, a couple of aluminum wedge things that I have seen before but do not know what they are, and a bracelet which I thought was gold but just brass, and a small charm. How can China make lead sinkers and ship them here cheaper than we can make them??? :dontknow: Thanks for looking.

Jonnie

Attachments

• Todays find 112811.jpg
    Todays find 112811.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 771
  • Aluminum wedges.jpg
    Aluminum wedges.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 769
  • Lead sinker from China.jpg
    Lead sinker from China.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 763
Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jonnie, I was thinking this morning that there is no way you were fishing today. It rained all day here. Nice pile of stuff, too bad nothing real good. I saw your other post with the bone or stone round thing. It might be a gorget, or something for making fire that wore through. Steve.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a lot of target there, Jonnie :hello2:

That charm is interesing to me...any writing on it?

Lorraine

OP
OP
baywalker

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve I have always though gorget also

Lorrian it says K-SWISS

Jonnie

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baywalker said:
Steve I have always though gorget also

Lorrian it says K-SWISS

Jonnie

Thanks, Jonnie

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
baywalker said:
Since I couldn't go fishing today, about 2 hours before the rains came, I tried mding on one of my bay beaches. I found lots of lead, $1.17 in clad, a couple of aluminum wedge things that I have seen before but do not know what they are, and a bracelet which I thought was gold but just brass, and a small charm. How can China make lead sinkers and ship them here cheaper than we can make them??? :dontknow: Thanks for looking.

Jonnie

Unfortunately China is making everything cheaper then we can make it (not better) that's why all the jobs are over there.

Keep swinging the good finds will come. Rick :coffee2:

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
baywalker said:
How can China make lead sinkers and ship them here cheaper than we can make them??? :dontknow:

Three letters say's it all EPA, them and the green freaks have just about shut down all the smelters in this country.

That and the fact that China brakes into a market by selling for or less than the parts cost, then after it drives under our businesses then they raise the price up but it's still the same cheap junk.

I do my darnedest not to by anything with "Made in China" on it but some time's it can't be avoided. :(

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aman wildman.... me too. Ive almost stopped shopping at Wally World because of it. Japan did the same thing before WWII.... they owned us. Also they send us lead idems for our kids, bad grain, bad dry wall, and copy anything without regard to patten. Its a you bought it but you cant use it tactic.

Those aluminum parts looks like cut pieces of thresh holds. Im sure that wasnt nearly the payday you get during a sunny fishing day.... but instead of that sticker that says GONE FISHING you need one that says gone METAL DETECTING.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions