Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After spending far too many days in bed, after stopping one medicine for a few days I actually felt pretty good. So the wife and I decided it was time to get out for a few hours. Of course I wanted to try MD'ing again so I took along my Excal..
Water was nice, and just enough breeze to keep things comfortable. Wanted to hunt a favorite spot, but there were far too many people in the water. Pam says "dont you have a spot over there?", to which I replied "yeah, but it is such a trash hole"... Decided to go there anyway and I had it all to myself. Had to go really slow, and as usual for this spot, the trash was all over...
About an hour into the hunt, I saw Pam and my dog heading over my direction, and I altered my line to meet them. Man am I glad I did... About 10 ft before reaching each other, I got another very loud pop tab tone, even told Pam "Well I guess I'm gonna dig another tab, but you gotta dig tabs to find rings", and in just one scoop, out pops this really heavy, thick band with a nice diamond... I was elated of course, but gave Pam the credit since I had changed course to meet up with her.. Thank goodness! Found a small, very corroded silver ring before quiting, and a whopping $.49 in clad.. Only lasted two hours, and very sore today, but tested the diamond and it registered real faster than any diamond I have tested before (they say the less imperfections, the faster it tests positive), and it is at least a one carat stone per chart I used for comparison... Going to take it to a couple jewelers to see what it may be worth.. Any ideas?
The band is 14k and weighs 8.6 grams... Not too bad for a couple hours. Hope after a day of rest, I can go out again for a couple hours...
Many of you know, but having abdominal surgery again on the 27th... Good thoughts and prayers would surely be appreciated on that day..

HH all!

Attachments

• 9-12-11 finds.jpg
    9-12-11 finds.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 864
  • 9-12-11 rings 2.jpg
    9-12-11 rings 2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 858
  • 9-12-11 rings 3.jpg
    9-12-11 rings 3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 847
  • 9-12-11 rings 4.jpg
    9-12-11 rings 4.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 849
  • 9-12-11 rings 6.jpg
    9-12-11 rings 6.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 850
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the jeweler also said yesterday that diamonds are crashing like crazy, no one buying them like a few years ago, and he is only seeing engaged people buying right now.... It is only larger diamonds that anyone will even consider buying (dealers that is)...
Going to see what he offers today.. Will keep ya posted..

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats!!!!! was just wondering about you! put that thing on epay with a reserve price and see what happens. will pray for you.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly think this ring is beautiful and worth more as a ring than the value of gold and diamonds. It is a very modern and popular look for a ring. Congrats!!!

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Sorry to hear about your health problems. I think we met a while back at Anna Maria Island on Holmes beach. We had a little gathering and had lunch together. Your ring is unique and I would wear it. Hope you gain some weight and regain your health soon.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I would have guessed $1,000 if it was a 1 ct. which it might be because the bezel setting makes it look smaller than it is. It looks line a man's ring. size? I like it. Been looking to find one like that to wear so I can give my father's diamond ring to my son. HH, Glad to see you back in the groove. Ralph

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a size 6, jeweler says it is for women who work in conditions where the traditional ring prongs snag too easy on things, or nurses who have rings tear through gloves, etc..
It fits my pinky snug, but if I gain my weight back, it wont fit anymore... Fits my wifes ring finger slightly loose, I would love for her to have it but we have to make bills...
Had a "well known" jeweler in the larger town 20 min away tell me today that he would give $400 for the whole ring... I walked out and will never walk back in.. Also asked him about my Potty coin, and he (after he told me he knows all about coins) said "Whats a potty coin", then went on to start talking about chinese fakes all over the place... *sigh*....
Is it just me, or are todays Jewelers getting more and more just like used car salesmen and pawn brokers?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions