rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a field the other day due to all of the rain we got which is around 6 inches in 4 days. One section I went to cause I have found around 3 tiny points in the past and found the black one rite away. It was a while since I had found anything and started to give up while walking back I took a different route and then found the gray one. It would take a long time to fill a frame with these but a point is a point, rock

Attachments

• SDC12328.JPG
    SDC12328.JPG
    718.1 KB · Views: 147
  • SDC12330.JPG
    SDC12330.JPG
    754.8 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
nice little finds Rock. It just amazes me how they could knap something so tiny and not break it. I bet it took lots of practice to get it right.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering as to what type of flaking tool they could of used to be able to work all sides on something so small?

I'm not sure but recently I tried experimenting with knapping obsidian, and I was able to make a pretty decent small point (I didn't originally plan it to be so small) I found just using another thicker piece of obsidian worked well to chip it down.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice little finds Rock. It just amazes me how they could knap something so tiny and not break it. I bet it took lots of practice to get it right.

Im wondering how they held it to flake it all over without hitting their fingers.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im wondering how they held it to flake it all over without hitting their fingers.

I would guess by holding it between a piece of leather...

I learned fast that obsidian will cut through you like melted butter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread