2 miles of creek and a historical civil war home site

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walked two miles of creek in search of yet another major civil war crossing. Found some interesting things. Then on to a home site that was captured by union forces in 1863. Oh yeah, and two owls. All videos are better will owls.
https://youtu.be/LKat6hVKIRI

And for those who read American Digger Magazine, I have an article in the latest issue.
adbd81934abb9a7d6c9ad32b9310e3b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Upvote 3

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the entry on the video. You think it is a mussel shell and not an oyster shell? Our creeks here are full of them. Happy Hunting and thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the entry on the video. You think it is a mussel shell and not an oyster shell? Our creeks here are full of them. Happy Hunting and thanks for sharing!
I'm not sure. I only find big ones like that here in Georgia when I'm near an old, old home site. We have all kinds of the smaller ones the muskrats like to eat but very rarely do I find big one.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They last hundreds of years. I am just North of you. The streams and creeks do not produce as many of the large ones but at one time they were plentiful. Who knows I found tons of oyster shells way back in the mountains on Indian sites and early settlements . Are you near Tn? I do a lot of water hunts here and in N/Ga.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They last hundreds of years. I am just North of you. The streams and creeks do not produce as many of the large ones but at one time they were plentiful. Who knows I found tons of oyster shells way back in the mountains on Indian sites and early settlements . Are you near Tn? I do a lot of water hunts here and in N/Ga.
I'm 50 miles of Atlanta.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions