2 month skunk streak ends, barely

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So I finally told the teller at my bank I needed to take a break after 8 straight boxes of repacked searches (box was sealed, but the rolls were open and marked). I guess he forgot to relay the message because the head teller called to ask if I would be coming in (she had two boxes, twice my normal order, that had stacked up for a couple weeks). When I explained that I thought we were going to stop, she offered to return them but I told her that I'd stop by over the weekend.

I peeked in the boxes while still at the bank and they weren't searched!!! that was huge because even if I get skunked, I do enjoy the hunt. Searched boxes ruin that for me.

I got home and opened the first box up to check for enders. hmmm.... these were all REAL shiny. On closer inspection, all the visisble dates were 1996. I opened a couple rolls and sure enough, all 1996 too. I'll go through the box (maybe a clipped planchet in there or something, these look like they've barely been touched in their 15 years of existence).

The second box looked more promising. the coins looked well worn, so there was hope. no obvious enders, but I actually don't usually even check. second roll had a 1969! 2 month streak is over!!! Now I'm thinking I've got one on the second roll. This could be fantastic! it wasn't to be. No more Ag in the rest of the box. I did manage 4 proofs though (71, 72, 03, and 06). I only had 8 proofs before and 4 were in TERRIBLE shape. These were actually pretty good.

All in all, if I got these averages every 2 boxes, i'd be happy. no new boxes for the near future though. i need to get some more dump banks set up though. Thanks for listening.

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hokie, I'm glad you got something! Must have felt good searching an unsearched box, Wish you had found more. Good to see you post something, I was wondering if you were gona give it a go again ( even though it wasn't planed this time). I would try again though if they sent you some unsearched boxes. maybe who ever was doing that in your area gave up. Gives you a better chance, I think finding the 1 silver was a sign there Hokie! Good luck with finding a dump bank. HH, Maverick.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
If I could do the box where I find more than a 40% I'd be happy. Im still crossing my fingers for a box with 5+ 40% or atleast a 90% or a proof(clad or silver). Anything:)

OP
OP
hokiemojo

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks guys. i appreciate the encouragement.

i've never found a 90% either. 5 40%'s is about my lifetime total, so i wouldn't mind one of those boxes myself.. if NIFC's were worth more than face, i could be doing quite well. i've had good luck with pennies though, so i usually stick with those. they are easiest to dump too (coinstar).

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its really interesting how some parts of the country are black holes while others will put out 2-3 keepers/box. I dont consider my area amazing, but I do manage 1-2 keepers per box on average.

OP
OP
hokiemojo

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i'm sure a lot of it is my amateurish approach (-: I'm unwilling to change up my methods too much. I also have about 3 hours a week to hunt when I'm not at work. It drastically limits my opportunities. I'm not complaining though. I think I lose that right when I won't change things up. I'm looking for more opportunities in the future though. I think I may have found a bank with later hours!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm sure a lot of it is my amateurish approach (-: I'm unwilling to change up my methods too much. I also have about 3 hours a week to hunt when I'm not at work. It drastically limits my opportunities. I'm not complaining though. I think I lose that right when I won't change things up. I'm looking for more opportunities in the future though. I think I may have found a bank with later hours!
I had a dream the other day that banks were open 24hrs a day 7 days a week......it was great !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread