2 more C/N cents

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks to some help from a bud these,were attributed,also b4 anyone asks, these were dug over the last 4-5 weeks
the one on the left has had some soak time in O.O. -the one top left is a C/N cent from 1860-1864 , and the bottom is a 1859 C/N cent,It goes to show I still have a lot to learn, But I am having a blast

Last edited:
Upvote 3

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great_Outstanding_Find_003.gif
Thanks for sharing...

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for viewing, I find it funny how I think these are special finds,many would see this as just another penny find,i got the same response when I posted my first silver find, a morgan dollar, so who knows

I think they're awesome and if you do as well, that is all that counts my friend! I just started detecting last September and have found 2 1700s coins so far. But I absolutely get that same great feeling when I dig any old coin. Doesn't matter if it's an Indian head or a kg2. Seeing that round disc in the hole gives me this feeling of excitement, accomplishment, and pride that I hope to never lose. If old coins become boring to me I'll start looking for a new hobby. I don't ever see that happening. Great finds :-)

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds. the amount of wear on the '59 and the one above it is interesting and reminded me of an article I read once..... I wish I could find it again because it really seemed to have a valid point. so many people on detecting forums will post something like "this 1934 quarter I found is in amazing condition for being in the ground for 80 years", when in fact it was probably lost in the 1950's. the point of the article was that just because a coin has a date on it, it doesn't mean it was lost that year. the article presented a theory of 'wear-dating' a coin based on it's worn condition and an average circulation time it took to diminish it from one grade to another. very interesting. so, my thoughts on the wear of your indian head pennies are that they were probably lost around the same time as the 1893 penny, which I would guess to be sometime around 1900

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions