2 parks and a beach this weekend.

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
I accompanied my wife to beautiful Kenosha, WI. today on business(Partylite). I wanted to metal detect the beach, its been a while since I did that. I choose Simmons Island Beach. A nice little beach, lots of foil and such. I was hoping for more coins, but it was a great day out there. 1 quarter, 3 nickels, 1 dime, 4 coppers, 4 zincs & 1 babble (steel). Some nice feathers and granites on the tide lines. Lots ladybugs. A strange find by the in sand playground tire swing were the Hershey's kisses and other foil wrapped chocolates. I wanted to eat them, but thought that may not be good. Look like Christmas candy.

One park I hit on the way back was nothing. Lots of wood chips and little else. I had a small group of kids asking questions about what the beeps mean. I was in the grass by then (It's an older park). They would ask why I was not digging the low beeps, (they were mainly very weak or false signals, it would only beep once and I could not find them again) So I dug 3 pull tabs, a cell phone antenna (they thought it was a needle, they should've been too young to know that), aluminum wire from cyclone fences, and then a quarter.

My wonderful wife found a quarter and 3 coppers and zinc in the parking lot.

The other park (Ottawa) was from last weekend and was mainly shredded aluminum tags and a few coins and the rubber bat.

thanx for reading enjoy the picture and happy hunting, God Bless
Rumblebelly

Attachments

• P1131471.JPG
    P1131471.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, instead of looking for coins, you should be selling all those cans for money. LOL, Looks like a good day outside to me, I can't wait to hit the beaches or get into the water up here in Ohio. Thanks for taking the trash off the beach. A picture like that to the Rangers station will just help keep our hobby look better.

Our park ranger knows how much trash our club takes out of the water each year while detecting. We also find rings for owners who have lost them in the water. A little PR goes along ways in this hobby.

HH, Ringfinder

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rumblebelly, those look like my finds - you steeling my spots? ;D ;D ;D Just joking. My days seem to be like that, with a nice surprise every once in awhile. Always interesting what you find when your out swinging the stick. Still a great hobby, though. Waiting for some nice weather to get out. Been raining all weekend.

HH

OP
OP
Rumblebelly

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
ringfinder said:
Wow, instead of looking for coins, you should be selling all those cans for money. LOL, Looks like a good day outside to me, I can't wait to hit the beaches or get into the water up here in Ohio. Thanks for taking the trash off the beach. A picture like that to the Rangers station will just help keep our hobby look better.

Our park ranger knows how much trash our club takes out of the water each year while detecting. We also find rings for owners who have lost them in the water. A little PR goes along ways in this hobby.

HH, Ringfinder

I do save the cans to recycle .... I have a half of a garbage bag full of crushed cans so far. I also save all of the other metal to recycle as well. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,78143.0.html

Thank you for the advise on the picture to the park rangers. I'll have to do that.
Rumblebelly

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always great to go out to the beach and hunt. And those ladybugs you saw...well they came allll the way from Alabama. It took them a couple of weeks to get there and you are more than welcome to keep them for a while! :D My back porch is nice and ladybug free, finally! :P :D

Congrats on your finds... Nana :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, RB! The bat thingy is kinda scary/spooky. We don't have that many lady bugs down here, so I try to have respect for them since they are benefical. I just found out last year that they bite and bite hard. :o

HH
;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions