BangTango

Feb 24, 2009

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have enough gpm for a monster 8" BUT you did not post PSI and which without you ain't a gonna do squat. What size a dredge(what) ya trying to run--name/make/model of pumps. When running dissimiliar pumps you must drill and tap the inductors to ascertain your psi and adjust the throttle to the seperate pumps to eliminante the differentiation in psi which =gpm-It is always best to run largest hose the longest distance to provide constant psi rather than to neck down and then you have no reserve--think air tank/pressure tank as same same idea-and Y are great as a 90 or 45 degree angles anywhere in your op reduce pressure considerably--John

OP
OP
B

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
This is for ahighbanker. Those are bilge pumps and are gallons per hour. It will be running a sluice box, wolftrap, 10 1/2 inches wide by two feet long, just want to know how to get the best flow rate.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
John misread your post on the gph and he refered to gpm for a 8 inch ...your bilge pumps wont run a dredge! and running 2 different size bilge pumps is a bad idea. the bigger pump will override the smaller pump.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPH hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ol'fart should wear my reading glasses mo'often Russau--nice to have friends to watch out for crazy ol'man--take care bud and bilge pumps are for concentrators and tinker toys and NOT mining equipment. tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
B

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
This is NOT a dredge. It is a Highbanker. I see advertised on line and magazines they use bilge pumps for highbankers, they even come with them when you purchase them new. The recirculating one use them too.

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
GPH hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ol'fart should wear my reading glasses mo'often Russau--nice to have friends to watch out for crazy ol'man--take care bud and bilge pumps are for concentrators and tinker toys and NOT mining equipment. tons a au 2 u 2-John
lmao,john,you forgot sinking ships,we used to have a saying in the aluetian islands,"theres no better bilge pump than a scared man with a bucket",and sad to say,have personally found this to be true.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is NOT a dredge. It is a Highbanker. I see advertised on line and magazines they use bilge pumps for highbankers, they even come with them when you purchase them new. The recirculating one use them too.

Give up on the project, you won't get enough flow. If you want a highbanker, get a motor/pump combo. You can even use a cheap agricultural water pump for them.

OP
OP
B

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
Well, I m going to give it a try,since NO ONE will answer my Original Question about the long or short pipes going to the spray bars.........

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
well,how wide the sluice on your recirc, hibanker?the ones typically run with bilgys are 6 or 8 inch wides.i do sometimes run my 24 inch wide drop riffle hibanker with a berkely jet pump,recirc or not.in my yard or afield w/honda genny.but this rig only needs 40-50 gpm.narrower boxes with hungarian riffles need twice as much water to run efficiently.so a bit more info may enable the answer you seek.am also curious what a y fitting is,am familiar with gated y fittings as used with fire hose,and the small ones used with garden hose.could also run a double spraybar settup,possible advantage in that,by using 1/4 turn valves for each spraybar,one blasting the material up the hopper,the other from each side breaking it up.if you experiment with y fittings,2 pumps,1 spraybar,post your results,is something i have never tried.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep A and R--the older we get the better it is to laugh at ones' self.....as it's better than crying as the ship slowly sinks as all that we coveth is taken away.......John

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
my thoughts exactly john,and was laughing withya/not atya.me whole life,just wanted to be a rodeo clown.am half way there,now wheres the rodeo.have always liked symetry in all things,be it pumps,jets,or the stack of crab pots on deck.

Sam Burgin

May 10, 2008
The issue will be how to keep the smaller one from cavitating. The bigger pump will dominate the smaller one in any joint configuration. Bilge pumps want to operate wide open, which is the reason folks put bleed off circuits in cleanup systems like bluebowls, miller tables, etc., the little pump will always have to yield to the higher flow, which will cause the small pump to have issues.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Sam

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
The guy wants to run two pumps. Then he should run 2 pumps. Either run them on dirrerent systems, Say like two spray bars or make sure the discharge is greater then the two pumps combined. Say you have 1inch at 100 gph and a 3/4 inch at 75 gph and they both have different pressures Then make the manifold is a 2 1/2 inch that way the pressure is reduced and the pump with the most pressure won't over power the other pump. However if your running a pressure system where you need pressure for say spray bars then just run independent systems like 2 spray bars. Good luck
Just send me my part of the gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread