2 rings, 2 old buttons, 5 wheats, and a pile of clad

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a new place to detect and checked it out. It was a tot lot that I was hoping to find some goodies, but there wasn't anything in the playground area, and I mean even trash. I was disappointed until I started checking out the area outside the playground. There is a small grassy bank overlooking the playground and the clad I found there was unbelievable. Many targets turned out to be spills and a lot of the spills were quarters. I guess the only reason there would be so many coins is that the adults watching the kids in the playground would sit along the bank while their kids played. I found 56 quarters, 34 dimes, 20 nickels, and 72 pennies. I didn't post a pic of the pennies. Almost $20.00 in clad. I also found 5 old wheats, 2 1944, 1 1928, and 2 1919's. The wheats are pretty toasted. I also found several cheap charms, 2 old metal buttons, and 2 rings. One a nice sterling and the other one cheap gold plated junk. Most of the coins were recovered with a screwdriver and not very deep. It was a lot of work for an old man, but still enjoyable. Happy hunting and keep on swinging that coil. Thanks for looking IMG_0355.JPG IMG_0356.JPG IMG_0357.JPG IMG_0358.JPG IMG_0359.JPG IMG_0360.JPG IMG_0361.JPG IMG_0362.JPG IMG_0363.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 16

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a lot of hits and a lot of work no doubt. Big rewards with all that clad and the silver ring.
Congrats!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you had a good day, congratulations! :occasion14:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you could make more working at pizza hut, but that ain't no fun---that's a bunch o' treasure finding

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMPRESSIVE ! Man o man that is a PILE of clad ! Throw some buttons in, a couple of rings...voila! Great day ! Awesome post, thx for sharing...ddf

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was an epic hunt and very productive "congrats" to you on your clad - wheaties - pins and rings finds - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"adults watching the kids in the playground would sit along the bank while their kids played." Once we, as detectorists, observe and use the commonalities of human nature, we will find the goodies. It keeps us from wasting alot of time on areas less likely to produce. (People usually go to high ground to observe.) Well played and congrats on the silver. Sub 8-)

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations, but doesn't this make you a bank robber? :laughing7: Great job of visualizing the area and coming up with a great score.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it just proves that you are never too old to learn something new, Sub.
"adults watching the kids in the playground would sit along the bank while their kids played." Once we, as detectorists, observe and use the commonalities of human nature, we will find the goodies. It keeps us from wasting alot of time on areas less likely to produce. (People usually go to high ground to observe.) Well played and congrats on the silver. Sub 8-)

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy, that's a lot of clad and a lot of digging. Congrats! That sterling silver ring is pretty. Looks like you had a great day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread