2 short hunts - A bit of silver

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello again to all!!

The weather has been good the past few days, soon to change with snow in the forecast the next 5 days, but I got out twice for short evening hunts at schools close to me. It was great to be out there enjoying a little bit of nice weather and in some great swinging.

Sunday evening for an 1.5 hours in the woodchips at a school I covered last April. I didn't find too many coins but managed several small keepers. A nice little enamaled pendant marked 925, two 925 marked earrings, and a sweet little pocket knife which is in good shape, not rusted. I also found a fake gold doubloon, the same one that is the wallpaper backround on TNet!! Unfortunately, I forget to include it in the photos as I was showing it to my daughter and had it in my pocket. Oops.

Monday evening, another 1.5 hour hunt, I went to the school that I had my photo taken that ended up on the Feb 07 cover of Western & Eastern Treasures. This place is surrounded by huge new mansion houses. I gridded a grassy area between the play structure and one of the swing sets. I found a lot of coins and one keeper, a small sterling cross. There were a lot of kids there practicing baseball and playing on the play equipment so several of them were following me around. They were respectful so it was kind of fun. I let one boy hold my finds for me so we both had a bit of fun.

I included both hunts finds in one set of photos. So here's the totals. 3 hours hunting. 82 coins for $8.04 total clad and the keepers mentioned above. I also found a bunch of junk jewelry and other interesting relics.

Best of luck to everyone. Have fun and happy hunting. Thanks for reading!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Finds Top.jpg
    Finds Top.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 626
  • Finds Fr.jpg
    Finds Fr.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 627
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice BDoo...Glad you got the blade off the Playground....These playground's are never ending and a "qick fix" for me also.This is one hell of a haul,Congrat's and HH!!...Nice job!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some very nice finds, BDoo. Nice looking pocket knife...hope a grown up had lost it and not a child.

;) RR

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
great finds bob !! and some clad to boot .... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
bummer on the snow........ :'( :'(

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bob, looks like a neat place to hunt, keep hitting it! Thanks for the post and pictures.

HH, Ringfinder

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Nice haul BDoo! I just love hunting the wood chips. Never know what you'll find and the recovery is so easy I don't even mind the little pieces of foil. I'm also establishing a really cool collection of those aluminum tubes that hold erasers onto the ends of pencils. (Don't tell anyone, but I think some of mine might even be Civil War era!).

I have the same experience with kids every time I hunt the chips. I told one Mom the other day that I feel like the pied piper whenever I'm out with the detector. Most of the kids ask for a turn...sometimes I let them, but I've found that they like it better when I tell them they can dig the targets. Its a win-win for both of us that way.

MP

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice looking finds.

Your off to a hot start. You hot sites seem to be always repleneshing themselves. And I'm sure you find new ones along the way.

HH Jer

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BDoo,

nice group of finds.

Silver always is................

Thanks for posting. Glad your getting out.

have a good un................
SHERMANVILLE

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a haul! Looks like real pirate treasure. Keep up the great work.

HH

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Very impressive!

That knife is pretty slick! I love finding knives.

Nice work! ;)

Ridley

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Finds!!! BDoo.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
gypsyheart said:
Nice finds Again! Those kids by you sure lose alot of stuff. Lucky for you!

Hi Gypsy!! If they loose it, I can find it huh.
Dang cold weather...grrr. Thanks for stopping in!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
civilman1 said:
Very nice BDoo...Glad you got the blade off the Playground....These playground's are never ending and a "qick fix" for me also.This is one hell of a haul,Congrat's and HH!!...Nice job!!

Hi CM!! It was under a swing, pretty freshly lost.
Thanks for the friendly comment my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions