2 Silver coins, 2 Gold rings, 5 Wheaties

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Hello everyone ! Just registered as a new user. I'm new to shallow water hunting and thought I would share this with everyone. Last week I went to a lake that I have been to quite often. I wanted to try detecting in the water. Despite all the usual trash I managed to find 5 Wheaties. They were quite encrusted and I'm still soaking them. It never occurred to me that until later that evening, that 5 out of 25 coins were actually wheat pennies. I started think that there has to some silver coinage as well, and that this place might not have been detected at all or very little. I managed to return there yesterday. and spent a few hours in the shallow and found my first Mercury dime. it is a 1943. A little while later I found a 1949 S Roosevelt dime. Later, found two gold rings. one a 10 Kt with a small pearl and the other one was a 1941 Class ring 10 Kt. Now the ring had a break in the thinnest part of the ring. There is the name Balfour stamped on the inside and three initials also. Last but not least, I found another 5 Wheaties. This has been a great day for me. My next hunt is trying to find the owner. I'll be calling Balfour Monday for starters. :) Take Care :)

Upvote 0

tb

Mar 24, 2005
Awesome finds! Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on what you find!

tb

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Balfour would be the name of the company that made the ring and the initials would be those of the owner. JIM

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Welcome to the forum. It's good to see another SC treasure hunter in the room.
Let me know if you ever want to get together to hunt. I'm just in Myrtle Beach.
Great finds.
xXx

OP
OP
Southcacalaky

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Thanks Jim, I contacted Balfour and they told me that their records only go back to 1995. I am going to try classmates.com and look for a local school that might match that time frame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread