117.2 KB · Views: 378
Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two great examples of a coin's beauty: one is lovingly worn, the other is sharp and new looking. And you got 'em below melt value to boot. Nice going!

OP
OP
B

baldiphoto

Dec 8, 2007
i went to a beagle store and the beagle baker had them ....just by asking the owner if he had any halves, this baker says he has some ike dollars and a couple of old ones, so we meet and he showes my the ike dollars and then the 2 silver dollars and says how much for these,,,,i said $ 12 for both as the are comman and worth only scrap....

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
way to rip the poor guy off ............scrap is around 15 each

XX

Jan 11, 2008
There's something strange about the one on the left. The word LIBERTY is so pronounced, yet the rim is almost completely worn off.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gatzdon said:
There's something strange about the one on the left. The word LIBERTY is so pronounced, yet the rim is almost completely worn off.

That's just how they wear.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gatzdon said:

That's because LIBERTY is incuse (or cut into) the design rather than in raised lettering (relief). Typical of Morgan dollars.

XX

Jan 11, 2008
Immy said:
gatzdon said:

That's because LIBERTY is incuse (or cut into) the design rather than in raised lettering (relief). Typical of Morgan dollars.

It could very well be normal. I'm used to Barbers and the word LIBERTY is incused in about the same fashion, but it disappears at the first sign of wear. It could be that on the morgans, the word is incused deeper or protected better from adjacent design elements.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread