2 Silver rings within 2 minutes

IWillFindTheGold

Nov 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Hello everyone,

It's been a while for me. I've been so busy this year I haven't been able to get out much, and when I do it's usually only been for short stints and I've found nothing but old pennies and other new coins, no silver coins yet this year.

But today I got lucky. I went to hunt the 2nd oldest park in the city. I had a lousy time. It was hot and I was finding nothing but rusty bottle caps.

So I decided to retreat back to a fairly old park near my place that I've hunted repeatedly. I arrived at the park, pulled my MXT from the bag, and started searching around an area that's yielded some coins in the past. Within around 5 minutes I hit a surprisingly loud target. I dug it up and found what I at first thought could NOT be a silver ring because it was so large (for me anyway). At first I thought it was a washer or metal gasket.

Once I pulled it out and cleaned it up a bit and determined that it certainly was a ring, I was very happy. I then rechecked the hole, found nothing, so I moved the coil around the perimeter of the existing hole. Within 2 minutes I pulled ANOTHER nice silver ring!

The (first one) larger one is 8.1 g and the smaller one is a bit heavier at 8.7 g.

Suffice to say, I'll be going back to that old park again, and this is yet another reminder that no area is ever (necessarily) completely cleaned out. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• Ring1.jpg
    Ring1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used