2 silvers found this morning here in miami,florida.1st and 2nd silver coins 2012

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, minelab excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone..went to an demolished old duplex housing that was built in 1947 (found out through property records online) they leveled it out this week so i took my metal detector over the ground from 5-6:15 am before the constructions guys came..there was no fence posted around the site so, if i would have been stopped i would have played dumb and said there is no fence and its open land now..lol.. anyways..the area is in east miami close to flagler street... i found a 1943 silver 1/2 dollar standing liberty.. :headbang: 1954 silver quarter :hello2: and a 1934 wheat penny... the rest is clad pennies from the 1960's,70's and 80's.. a 1979 dime, 1983 quarter and a 1974 mickel.. a picture is below of what i found...oh yeah and numberous junk metal i had to chuck out...lol.. i only did about a 1/4 of the property this morning will do more tomorrow... thanks and enjoy

Attachments

• moneyyyyy.jpg
    moneyyyyy.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 524
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dale, How are the Hurricanes doing this year? I'm from the State of Oregon, where I have to live with the State's two
teams names......ducks and beavers. Not fun, I'll tell you.
Great finds.......BUT......I usually don't have to play dumb......:)
Hope you get to hunt the rest of the area.
Where in Miami do you live? My sis lives in Coral Gables. And I lived on NW 129th Street about 35 years ago.
Have a bunch of good hunts in 2012, THer.

Dadsnorz

Dec 15, 2010
Great finds - I love a construction site as well. My oldest find to date (1855 Seated Qtr) was in SW Florida after the parking lot of a Hardees Restaurant was ripped up. Nothing like a grader to scrape away the new and expose the old. I personally like to befriend one of the grunts who may or may not have the authority to say yes, but be gone before his boss in the white hardhat shows up. (At the average construction site, you will eventually be told "no" if you ask enough people. ) Happy Hunting!

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your on a roll.....Great start for 2012

OP
OP
hurricane dale

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, minelab excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey hike... i live in KENDALL...thanks for the communtication..BTW.. the hurricanes will be back sooner or later..lol
hikeinmts said:
Hey Dale, How are the Hurricanes doing this year? I'm from the State of Oregon, where I have to live with the State's two
teams names......ducks and beavers. Not fun, I'll tell you.
Great finds.......BUT......I usually don't have to play dumb......:)
Hope you get to hunt the rest of the area.
Where in Miami do you live? My sis lives in Coral Gables. And I lived on NW 129th Street about 35 years ago.
Have a bunch of good hunts in 2012, THer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread