Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh yea, ive been climbing the wall..I have only been out 1 time in 3 months, and that time i had to chop through 4in of frozen ground!! Lol.
But ive had alot of time to get some new things for digging.
New shovel, privy prob, (im going to do alot of that this season) new head phones for the CTX. . And im looking at that new Racer coming out, Its supposed to be faster then the deus?? Will see..
Oh and alot of research. ..

At least you re making good use of the time. Cant wait to see that Racer in action!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
24.jpg

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner finds, I really don't understand why its not banner?
Great work CP!

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are amazing finds ... Congrats on your cobs. I'm envious of the history you guys have up there.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah this Banner thing is getting really tough. Which I believe is a good thing by the way. I voted Banner on CPs hunt where he found the cut piece of Mass silver. I didn't vote this time because I figure if Mass silver isn't going to make it these cobs dont stand a chance. But I agree, how often do we see 2 cobs dug on one hunt. I think it sucks that CP hasn't made Banner on any of his finds from this site. Not sure I've ever seen a site like this. And I personally believe these early colonial finds are much nicer than some of the items that go up top.

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah this Banner thing is getting really tough. Which I believe is a good thing by the way. I voted Banner on CPs hunt where he found the cut piece of Mass silver. I didn't vote this time because I figure if Mass silver isn't going to make it these cobs dont stand a chance. But I agree, how often do we see 2 cobs dug on one hunt. I think it sucks that CP hasn't made Banner on any of his finds from this site. Not sure I've ever seen a site like this. And I personally believe these early colonial finds are much nicer than some of the items that go up top.

Yeah, I shouldnt have made that comment lest I start the mud slinging but I'm not new to Tnet just had several monikers. I was here at least since 12+ years ago and it is getting tougher to make banner. I'm ok with it. Maybe its just not worthy, maybe people are pissed due to the weather and dont want to vote and maybe most dont even know what the heck they're looking at. Or a combination. Its ok, its the thrill of the hunt after all.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been really exciting to see what you are getting out of that site :notworthy:

Two cobs in one day doesn't happen very often unless you are diving on shipwrecks :laughing7:

I have managed to dig Spanish silver on consecutive signals on two occasions, which I thought was quite an accomplishment 8-)

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It has been really exciting to see what you are getting out of that site :notworthy:

Two cobs in one day doesn't happen very often unless you are diving on shipwrecks :laughing7:

I have managed to dig Spanish silver on consecutive signals on two occasions, which I thought was quite an accomplishment 8-)

Thanks. Now if this was found off Sebastian Inlet it'd be impressive to folks. Its provenance being the 1715 fleet or something like that. I guess if I'd included the colonists name - where found - then it might be impressive to many. But that'd be careless of me to do. So it aint necessarily the finds that impresses people. I know a small handful here understand what a feat this is hence the posts and I can live with that.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I shouldnt have made that comment lest I start the mud slinging but I'm not new to Tnet just had several monikers. I was here at least since 12+ years ago and it is getting tougher to make banner. I'm ok with it. Maybe its just not worthy, maybe people are pissed due to the weather and dont want to vote and maybe most dont even know what the heck they're looking at. Or a combination. Its ok, its the thrill of the hunt after all.
I believe when people post incredible finds on a consistent basis they make it harder for themselves. As I said I'm happy that the Banner is tougher. The inconsistency thing is what gets me. But I believe ANY Mass silver deserves Banner. So if it makes you feel better I made a lil Banner in my treasure room and you my friend are on it lol

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe when people post incredible finds on a consistent basis they make it harder for themselves. As I said I'm happy that the Banner is tougher. The inconsistency thing is what gets me. But I believe ANY Mass silver deserves Banner. So if it makes you feel better I made a lil Banner in my treasure room and you my friend are on it lol

Hey thats a hell of a compliment. Thank you kind sir.

I'll just have to dig something better is all. :hourglass:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me my friend you're killing it. Banner or not. Btw I hope you do my find something better. Now that will be a real treasure indeed

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other

You're exactly right Abe. Folks are used to some posters making really nice finds on a very consistent basis, and based on that expectation it tempers their enthusiasm and thus not many banner votes. But if an "average " hunter makes a similar find the forum goes crazy. Just human nature I guess. So don't give it another thought CP - you know you're making some incredible finds, and between that and the thrill you're currently experiencing that's probably more than enough reward.

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks all. Its all good.

The best news is we only had 1.5" of snow here and less than 2.5" at my site. It'll be melted away by Monday when I can go again. We have a babysitter for 2 days this coming week and every week through early april so the wife and I will find the biggest iron concentration and slowly dig a 20 x 30 area down 3"-4" at a time until there are no more signals. This is precisely where the hot spots are too. Its fairly sandy and super easy digging so it'll be neat to see whats down below all that iron. The farmer says we can leave it exposed until early april if need be. I'll try to video the process and we may do more than one section depending on the success. I can hardly believe it wont be successful to some degree. Not when so many targets turned into multiple targets in this area. Up to 5 in one hole!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonderful silvers and fantastic old relics. What a great day!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very curious to see what's down deep. I'm going to do that at a few spots this season. I have a feeling were missing a lot more than most believe. A half dime sized object doesn't have to be very deep to be missed. Or a coin on edge or a tiny lil Cufflink. The list goes on and on but I really believe we miss a ton....though most of us hate to admit it

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Very curious to see what's down deep. I'm going to do that at a few spots this season. I have a feeling were missing a lot more than most believe. A half dime sized object doesn't have to be very deep to be missed. Or a coin on edge or a tiny lil Cufflink. The list goes on and on but I really believe we miss a ton....though most of us hate to admit it

Are these thoughts keeping you up at night Abe? All work and no play makes Abe a dull boy. A ghost bartender in your basement? Freaky twins at your door? Snowed in..... Redrum....

Lol. Hang in there Abe 'ol buddy. I figure a thaw here real soon so I'll let you know.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these thoughts keeping you up at night Abe? All work and no play makes Abe a dull boy. A ghost bartender in your basement? Freaky twins at your door? Snowed in..... Redrum....

Lol. Hang in there Abe 'ol buddy. I figure a thaw here real soon so I'll let you know.
I'm actually going out to some islands next week. They're out in the ocean and should be ok due to the water temp. I'm looking for pirate treasure brother. I can't wait any longer so the sea is where I shall be

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread