South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made it back from a business trip in time to get an hour in hunting the woods at an old coal mining town. Loads of old mason jar lids everywhere. On the surface, 4" down and 12" down ringing up from nickel to silver dollar, very frustrating. Only managed a couple wheats. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493169799.474570.jpg

Silver plated spoon, mining tag/farmers tag, and harmonica reeds. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493169860.198154.jpg

There were old broken glass bottles everywhere, old shoes, tins. Must have found the dump site for the old homes. Started getting dark and time to shower to get rid of tics and poison ivy...

Oh, the Morgans were Easter gifts to my kids from their Papi. He got 3 boot boxes full of old silver coins when his father passesd. He let me take a look Easter Sunday, literally thousands of coins, but from my quick looky look I did not see any key dates. He also got 9 sets of silverware, I guess his father was a silver hoarder, not really a coin collector. Nothing organized, just bags and bags of old silver US coins. Oldest 1860's. Fun to dig through and generous of him to give to the kids. More to come I'm sure.

Upvote 11

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the Wheats. Are you guys taking applications for family members ? Morgans make a great gift.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Papi is a picker and garage sale guy. I gave him some of my intact surface find bottles last night including a quart milk jug and his eyes lit up. Interestingly his hoard contains bags of 1965 quarters and dimes. Hopefully he will bury a handful of the big Barbers I was eyeing for me to find someday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions