2 trips to Crescent Beach, Vancouver BC

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, some pics of my latest trips to Crescent Beach, Vancouver BC.

006A.jpg

Coins, fresh water+salt water = rusted crud clad. 1 Toonie, 1 Quarter, 4 Dimes, 9 Pennies( 2 American clad)

unapeseta.jpg

Good find was a 1963 Spanish Peseta. This picture is off internet, mine is not shiney. BUT it is not rusted at least. As you can see why below.

KM-775 Aluminum-Bronze 1 Peseta (1963) Head of Franco right, FRANCISCO FRANCO CAUDILLO DE ESPANA POR LA G DE DIOS 1963
Crowned arms of Spain, Pillers of Hercules either side, UNA PESETA 1963

018A.jpg

Junk jewelry, copper earring I think.

028A.jpg

2# 24 carat gold plated squares....I think they have Hindu writing, hopefully they are not prayers. They were in plastic sealed wrappers.

020A.jpg

Pulltabs total

026A.jpg

Bottlecaps total

023A.jpg

Junkite bunch...

Went to White Rock Beach today, cleaning finds, will post tomorrow. GL & HH all!!

Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a ton of work there. You have it down though. The gold will come if you keep digging those signals.

Good luck in the future. Your season is getting cold up there I know.

Take care and good hunting in the future.

DaChief!

OP
OP
TheGeorgiaCanuck

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DaChief said:
That looks like a ton of work there. You have it down though. The gold will come if you keep digging those signals.

Good luck in the future. Your season is getting cold up there I know.

Take care and good hunting in the future.

DaChief!

Thanks! Yea with the Infinium, if you leave pulltabs, you WILL miss thin gold rings, etc.

Actually, the weather here is mild. Was 55F here today, partly sunny. I worked up a good sweat at the new beach. Will post those finds tomorrow. No rings tho.... :(
Vancouver has much milder winters than the rest of Canada(Victoria Island is even milder). Rains alot tho....reminds me of South Georgia in November. :fish:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were working the arm on that hunt! Keep digging, gold has to come up soon! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
TheGeorgiaCanuck

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detectahead said:
You were working the arm on that hunt! Keep digging, gold has to come up soon! :thumbsup:

Too true....as a matter of fact, both my forearms are now huge.

images

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin finds, TGC!

I found a Hindu item like that some time ago....I think it indicates the 9 planets and there is some message that accompanies each planet...nice find

Lorraine

OP
OP
TheGeorgiaCanuck

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorrain. said:
Nice coin finds, TGC!

I found a Hindu item like that some time ago....I think it indicates the 9 planets and there is some message that accompanies each planet...nice find

Lorraine

Actually I got a reply on those last night on another forum. This is what it said.

Hobbyist wrote "About the gold-plated squares, no they are not prayers. In Hindu astrology, it is believed that there are 9 planets which influence and shape lives. These are called the Navaratna. Each planet is represented by a particular gemstone. The gem must be large enough, totally natural and flawless. Usually 9 gems are set in a ring. The back of the setting is open so the gem will touch the wearer's skin. Those plates may be a gem dealer's selling aid, where each gem is placed in the appropriate position on the plate for the customer's approval before being mounted on an appropriate ring."

You gotta wonder though, how did they end up on the beach...they were still sealed in the plastic wrappers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread