2 Uses for Vinegar...

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. It's probably not a new revelation, but white vinegar does a great job of cleaning those old pennies or copper pieces you've found. Dump 'em all in a glass jar and fill it past the penny line with straight white vinegar. Shake it for awhile 'til the vinegar gets nice and dirty and let it sit overnight. Rinse thoroughly with clean cold water, wrap 'em in a towel to dry them off. Repeat if necessary....

2. Accelerate the 'halo' effect in your coin garden. Just for the heck of it, I buried a few clads beyond my detectors normal 'loud' signal range and poured a couple cap fulls of white vinegar onto the coin before returning the plug. Low and behold, the next day I was able to find the coin. I'm not 100% sure if it was the day wait, the vinegar or both. I can't say what vinegar will do to your grass though....

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use white vinegar in a crock pot to get years of paint & finger funk off old lock hardware. Noticed it works as a cat repellent. Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but if I got a pot working the cats don't want to be around

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
I use it as a general purpose cleaner in the bathroom...takes calcium deposits off from hard water...cleans up soap scum. Not as fast working as the cleaners designed for that purpose, but a heck of a lot less toxic and easier on the hardware, lungs etc...

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I lost all desire to be around vinegar when mr drywalldave made me try it for muscle cramps! When he gets muscle cramps he takes a spoonful of it and drinks it. I was having some cramps in my thighs and he had me try it....I guess I will admit the cramps in my thighs got better but my tongue bout beat me to death trying to get out of my mouth and my stomach rebelled horribly as well. lol I do NOT admit to having charliehorses in my legs anymore if he is around! :tongue3:

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Cynangyl said:
I lost all desire to be around vinegar when mr drywalldave made me try it for muscle cramps! When he gets muscle cramps he takes a spoonful of it and drinks it. I was having some cramps in my thighs and he had me try it....I guess I will admit the cramps in my thighs got better but my tongue bout beat me to death trying to get out of my mouth and my stomach rebelled horribly as well. lol I do NOT admit to having charliehorses in my legs anymore if he is around! :tongue3:

Sounds like a cure for cramps to me . ;D

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:

Hey look on the bright side! Even if it didn't help the leg cramps, it took your mind off the pain from the cramps ;D

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Another use! Vinegar Pie! Ol'Goat brought one to the LBH and held a contest to see if anyone could guess what it was.Taested good!Everyone was amazed when it was revealed that it was actually vinegar pie.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
Another use! Vinegar Pie! Ol'Goat brought one to the LBH and held a contest to see if anyone could guess what it was.Taested good!Everyone was amazed when it was revealed that it was actually vinegar pie.

That's true!!! Everyone taste tested then had to write on a slip of paper to tell what they thought it was made with. We were all very surprised to hear it was made with vinegar. It was more like a cobbler than a pie, nice and sweet. Just google "Vinegar Pie/Cobbler" it will pop up with some recipes.

:wink: RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions