Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's something I guess. Since coming back to the hobby I've been spending most of my time on sites I know have been searched many times. What I'm doing is trying to learn the machine again and I do my best at that when challenged. Even though it's been hunted I feel as if I should still be able to find something. Even if it's just new clad stuff. Plus there's always new jewelry being dropped about. :)

Today I finally pushed back into the 50's. (The Wheaties). I did find a rather large copper coin that is just too worn out to see any detail. It's about 1 5/16's across, (bigger than a large cent I have, heavier too). There's only one remnant of detail left. I can see that it must have had a border around the coin that's about 1/8th inch.

So, I know I've probably pushed deeper into history than the 50's but since I can't prove it, (to myself), it doesn't count. :)

I'd post a picture but my camera's on the blink and it really isn't picture worthy. Most have seen Wheat cents, and there's just not enough of anything on the copper. Still, thought I'd share my mini happy dance. :)

(Now, it's time for the real work. Research! :) )

Thanks for peeking.

HH

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread