2 wheats, clad, pieces of junk and *maybe* an old button?

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afternoon all. Wow, it feels like forever since I have had a chance to get out and swing the coil. Probably because I was either gone for work or gone on vacation (not complaining there!) for most of October. Today I had the chance to get out to a field I have hit before.

Nothing really of note. 1919 and 1946 wheat were my only old coins found. A piece of an old car, a piece of something that looks like it was decorative once upon a time and various pieces of junk jewelry. Added another 2 dollars or so of clad. I also found something that looks like it could have been a button? It is rather thick and heavy. It rang up as a very solid 71 in all directions on the AT PRO - no jumping at all on that number. I don't *think* I scratched it but it has a few scratches on it and it is silver in color which has me thinking lead. Very dull thud when I dropped it on the counter.

Anyone have any thoughts? Is it a button of some sort?

Thanks for looking all and enjoy the day!

-Jay

110715a.jpg 110715b.jpg buttonA.jpg buttonB.jpg buttonC.jpg buttonD.jpg

Upvote 2
OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, NOLA Ken. I've never seen/dug one before so I wasn't sure.

That makes this dig COMPLETELY uneventful except for the fact I got to go outside and play, which is the ultimate win in my book.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you're digging an old hem weight you're digging in the time frame of other interesting items. I wouldn't blow it off, as it beats digging a piece of clad any day.

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're digging an old hem weight you're digging in the time frame of other interesting items. I wouldn't blow it off, as it beats digging a piece of clad any day.

The hem weight was found in the area of whatever that piece of decorative copper/bronze (rang up as 81) broken item was as well as the 1919 wheatie and the doorknob. It is a section of the field I haven't hit before. Unfortunately, I ran out of daylight as these finds were coming up. Perhaps I am on to something here? I've done no research into the area. Just kinda swinging blindly which I enjoy doing from time to time.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back to the hunt. :occasion14: I agree it's a hem weight. Dug a few of them myself.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hem weight was found in the area of whatever that piece of decorative copper/bronze (rang up as 81) broken item was as well as the 1919 wheatie and the doorknob. It is a section of the field I haven't hit before. Unfortunately, I ran out of daylight as these finds were coming up. Perhaps I am on to something here? I've done no research into the area. Just kinda swinging blindly which I enjoy doing from time to time.

Many of these are late Victorian, so if thats what your after, you are in the right area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread