Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice '64 Rosie8-) IMG_3469.JPG IMG_3470.JPG , the '40 Canada has a crack from rim thru "GEO" :icon_thumright: and a crack from rim to lower left neck :icon_thumleft: IMG_3471.JPG IMG_3472.JPG . also in real nice XF condition. 2 boxes of halves were________________SKUNK:BangHead::BangHead:

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
The cracks are "raised" on the coin? Don't suppose you have a USB microscope.

Great find on the silvers! :thumbsup:

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I easily see the "GEO" crack..but having trouble seeing the second one you mention from rim to lower left neck. Regardless, congrats. :)

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
position of the coin in daylight is critical when trying to capture a crack, the macro auto focus only allows a close shot that may not show the line as light strikes the surface. I always loupe at 20X to reveal the raised line. the GEO crack is a verified error and the neck crack is one of varying length. used coinsandcanada.com for the research
Nice finds. I easily see the "GEO" crack..but having trouble seeing the second one you mention from rim to lower left neck. Regardless, congrats. :)

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
position of the coin in daylight is critical when trying to capture a crack, the macro auto focus only allows a close shot that may not show the line as light strikes the surface. I always loupe at 20X to reveal the raised line. the GEO crack is a verified error and the neck crack is one of varying length. used coinsandcanada.com for the research

Thanks for the link PEA!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread