$20.00 dollar double eagle bandit busted

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
She should have been shown on the worlds dumbest criminal list. A real thief would hide their spoils for a while to let the trail go cold.

I wonder if she is a true blond or in the die bottle.

R

robbuckalew

No sympathy...for either party.
she shouldn't have stolen the coins, but the real owner should probably keep them locked up.
especially if some strange broad is staying in their house.
But I am glad it was a happy ending ;D

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
read on the coin roll hunting thread that the teller who bought the coins got fired too. i mean really, NOBODY except maybe a crackhead or a thief would be stupid enough to cash in gold coins at face. if the teller was going to try and make out like a bandit and let greed overcome his or her common sense looks like he or she would have had enough smarts to keep quiet about the buy. it reminds me of a similar situation i was told about long ago. a coin collectors kid raided the collection for spending money and went on a little shopping spree---when the surprised parent figured out what had happened (couple of days later) he went to the store and talked with the cashier and manager about it. the cashier said that he did not remember the kid or the coins and the manager referred the collector to his bank. bank employees and manager denied any knowledge too. long story short the coins were never found and no one could prove anything. guess it would be wise to keep our collections under lock and key and also to hide the key

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
to knowingly defraud a person by buying gold coins for their $20 face value when the "bare bones" melt value of the gold was at least $900 or so shows a serious "lack of ethics" in a bank teller -- thus he needed to be fired for a serious lack of ethics -- ( doesn't he know that only the ceo's and upper management types in the banking bussiness get to screw the public that badly ? )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions