20 boxes Friday / Saturday 88 Keepers !!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21 x 90%
67 x 40%

Most of it came from 4 boxes from one of my slower chains of late....guess which banks I am gonna spam for boxes the next 2 weeks :-)

These were the 4 winners , the other finds came from the remainder of the boxes which wasnt much 1-2 per box couple skunks, the usual.

Box 1 - 14 x 40% , 5 x 90%
Box 2 - 16 x 40% , 5 x 90%
Box 3 - 14 x 40% , 6 x 90%
Box 4 - 8 x 40% , 3 x 90%

October was my best month CHRing ever and 10 days into December I have already surpassed it with a great ratio of 90% this month again to which is fantastic!

Totals to date in December so far (approximately)
250+ x 40%
50+ x 90% (15 BF, 10 Walkers, 2 Barbers, the balance 1964's

I am even taking a week off next week from CRHing, visiting my family in MN, of course I will try to order some boxes here and hit a few banks but it won't be a CA 25k week lol......Can't wait to get back to it!!!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic December Hunt!

HH & HH,
Bigheed

Upvote 0

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of boxes and lots of keepers. :icon_thumleft:

Enjoy your week off (slacker).

HH

Nick

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Bigheed, How much time does it actually take for you to go through all those boxes? time per box? I wonder if I should try to ramp up the box volume but not close to your numbers. All the order banks around here don't have that much room. Some say the most they can have in their vault is two boxes. I don't have that much capital but I could try a bunch of different branches. I would really have to have them on deliver on scheduled days since I only have 2 k at a time to work with. Usually around 4-6 boxes a week is what I get now. Sometimes they don't even deliver them like this last Friday. Results are Ho Hum. They never showed up at my usual pickup bank this week. Any overlap would make it tough because I know they don't like to hold on to them. However my results last month up here were very discouraging but this last post from you is encouraging. We're not in the same area. Just didn't think the numbers out here are as good as the north east. I just didn't want to waste a ton of time going through skunks. It would seem like a full time job to do that many boxes since dumping is work too. I usually spend about 20-30 minutes going through a box. My dump bank wants the coins rolled not loose in order to get cash right away. I have to put them all back into their wrappers.

Looks like you had a great month of December so far. Congrats

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!
How do you dump that much in the west coast? I heard no coin counting machine over there?

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFbay - Box of halves takes me 8-12 minutes if I am focused....15 minutes if I'm watching t.v. I use the coin lock bags, I wouldn't do this if I had to roll them all again, ugh.

Stewart - most were 64's there was several franklins and 1 walker. Most of the BF and WL I got were last week.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Bigheed said:
SFbay - Box of halves takes me 8-12 minutes if I am focused....15 minutes if I'm watching t.v. I use the coin lock bags, I wouldn't do this if I had to roll them all again, ugh.

Stewart - most were 64's there was several franklins and 1 walker. Most of the BF and WL I got were last week.

8-12 minutes is fast. My fastest is 19 minutes. I do mark some coins and will look at some of them.. if I get a 72-D or 83-P, I'll look for no fg. Does your bank actually give you cash for your coins loose in the bags? I use the bank plastic sealed bags too when I dump them but they said that the coins would be rolled and not loose for me to get cash right away which is something I really need right away in order to get more boxes. I just put the coins back into the paper rolls they came in. I don't re-crimp wrap the ends. LOL

OP
OP
B

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes because loose coins in the coin lock bag are the same as an ATM deposit.

you put your name and account number on the bag so if it is off at the processing center then you bite the bullett, but I am never off, once I shorted it $20 just to see for kicks if they actually counted it and they debited my account $20 about 3 weeks later. So they do check it obviously.

I don't bother marking coins, complete waste of time as I've stated in other threads.

I don't check for errors either, I keep proof coins just a few of the best shape ones of each year for possible sets I will eventually put together.

Bigheed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread