$20 camera flea market find

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
here's a little jewel I picked up at the flea market today........Thought I was buying a junk camera just for the lenses BUT ended up with a Canon VI-T with black body, ..........got all the lens covers and leather cases for everything.......this particular model was produced between "58 and '60, only 8175 of these were made and only a handfull of those were the solid black case...... just the body alone books for $3400 - 3600 in this condition....mint woulda been $6000 plus.... would have been cosidered mint condition if the guy hadn't engraved his name in the back......but of course I have no expectations of getting that much lol

Attachments

• canon 002.jpg
    canon 002.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 949
  • canon 001.jpg
    canon 001.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 934

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find there. Heck, even if you got half book on it....SCOOOORREEEE!

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Nice find for sure! Any links for finding "Camera Values"??
My dad has one he bought while on an Army tour in Vietnam.
Thanks

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Marty-Graw said:
here's a little jewel I picked up at the flea market today........Thought I was buying a junk camera just for the lenses BUT ended up with a Canon VI-T with black body, ..........got all the lens covers and leather cases for everything.......this particular model was produced between "58 and '60, only 8175 of these were made and only a handfull of those were the solid black case...... just the body alone books for $3400 - 3600 in this condition....mint woulda been $6000 plus.... would have been cosidered mint condition if the guy hadn't engraved his name in the back......but of course I have no expectations of getting that much lol
Did you test it ? did you get good pics from it? can't be considered mint unless you can show that it works an takes good pics... If not then it's not considered mint...

http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/misc/grading.htm

OP
OP
Marty-Graw

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
yes the camera does work.... but the name inscribed in the back is the main thing that is wrong with it...... i know it isn't mint but without the name it would have been dang close

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread