$20 in pennies, a few days in the hospital and then $16 more...

A

agbonanza

Wow what a week. On Monday went to the bank and bought $20 of rolled pennies...I got 430 pre 1982's, 1 canadian and 4 wheatbacks.
1 - 1940 canadian in EF condition
1 - 1953 wheatie
2 - 1953D wheaties
1 - 1954 wheatie
On Tuesday went to the E.R. and ended up being admited and was discharged today. On the way home I went by the bank and bought $16 of hand rolled pennies...I got 320 pre 1982's, 2 canadian and 3 wheatbacks.
1 - 1966 canadian
1 - 1997 canadian
1 - 1950 wheatie
1 - 1951D wheatie
1 - 1957D wheatie

again, not a total washout...HH!!

Upvote 0

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Did you pay for your hospital bill with the post 82 penneys. ;D Hope everything is OK. If you went to the bank on the way home you're an animal. Keep searching tiger.

OP
OP
A

agbonanza

Thanks guys....I am much better and still searching...HH

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Do you keep the pre-82 pennies because they have more copper in them? If that's the case, I'll start that myself.

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
bobr said:
Do you keep the pre-82 pennies because they have more copper in them? If that's the case, I'll start that myself.
I do, Bob, as a long term investment. I don't think many people are turning them in for copper scrap value right now, but are holding them in case copper continues to go through the roof. At the very least, they will never be worth less than a penny! Right now, the copper pennies are easily available and plentiful, and only cost you one cent.
Here's a place to check the value of your copper pennies and other coinage with intrinsic value:
www.coinflation.com
HH,
Bob

OP
OP
A

agbonanza

I keep the pre-1982's as an future investment...wouldn't think about scrapping them now...HobBob and I are thinking alike...HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions