20 to 30 feet big Indian head monument by Camino Real what does it means?

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi folks this is my very first post, unfortunately i have not pictures but i was driving to a place that i had drove many times and since i keep looking to mountains and rocks looking for treasure signs i was driving on a down hill going to a relatives party and i saw a perfect very big Indian head the only problem is that it is looking to the East and i was traveling north direction so this is very close within 300 feet of a camino real or royal's king road, i know that because the area is mark with sings and bells telling about the camino real and also i did lots of research to that area, does any body have an idea of what will it means?

i will try to get some pictures next time i go, and about the facing to the east the only thing in front of it is the freeway or another mountain in front of it. i will apreciate your comments or help since i am still waiting for my last book of Charles A Kenworthy talking about monuments. thank you.

the funny thing is that i had drove 100's of times a never saw it before. i was so excited. :laughing7:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
it is so exciting when you can start to "see". congrats! I would take it to be a general direction indicator. Go the way he looks. There is likely additional info on it but that is all you need to get started.

OP
OP
P

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice! thank you i will try to do that, the nice part is that the little mountain in front of the indian head seems to be easy to get to it, will be hard but the road is clean just kind of uphill lol

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
nice! thank you i will try to do that, the nice part is that the little mountain in front of the indian head seems to be easy to get to it, will be hard but the road is clean just kind of uphill lol

Take more water than you think you will need. And a snack. To me coming down is much harder. You are are a bit tired and what you so easily and enthusiastically scrambled up using hands and feet, seems a little more dangerous coming down. I keep a couple pair of jeans with the butt ripped out from sliding down to remind me to think about the down path on the way up. One pair was my favorite too. lol

If you have any knee problems take a hiking stick.

You may be able to spot what the head is looking at. Jot down the direction it is looking to. Clearly a big head like that was meant to be seen from a distance. Where would they have been when they first spotted it? Something to think about, were they coming over a hill? Around a curve?

Have fun!

OP
OP
P

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok next time im there i will follow your tips Desertmoons but i do have a nice reading with my 2 box detector like 20 minutes away of driving distance, the problem is to get the permit to dig since it is very close to a plant field divider.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions