200 Ikes and found a stowaway!

Mapman3

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
image-1068988292.jpg

Stopped in a bank that I hasn't tried yet they didn't have any halves so I asked for Ike's She asked how many said I'll take them all figuring the only had a few like most banks she said I have 300. Only having 200 on me took them told her I'd be back later for rest was surprised to see this when I looked through them now to go get the rest , here's hoping!

Upvote 0

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd burn all the thread of my shoes on the sidewalk in front of that bank getting back for the other $100

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find, gotta love old silver dollars! good luck on the other $100!
hh
buff

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! Love the Peace Dollar! Get that extra $100 so you can buy the rest. Who know, you may find a Morgan. Also make sure you check for Type IIs.

OP
OP
Mapman3

Mapman3

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
I sent my wife back for rest of them since she was going past there anyways she has them will check them later tonight.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
At first I thought your avatar was a picture of some bud. Nice peace dollar man.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey mapman, great job, scoring a peace dollar mixed in with the Ike's. Great score. Also, good job getting your wife involved to rescue the last of those Ike's. HH
Merc

OP
OP
Mapman3

Mapman3

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
crhstreetwalker said:
At first I thought your avatar was a picture of some bud. Nice peace dollar man.

I don't know what your talking about ; ). That is a large piece of fools gold I found.

OP
OP
Mapman3

Mapman3

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
mercury1 said:
Hey mapman, great job, scoring a peace dollar mixed in with the Ike's. Great score. Also, good job getting your wife involved to rescue the last of those Ike's. HH
Merc

Thanks merc. She still thinks I'm nuts though!

OP
OP
Mapman3

Mapman3

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
Got to look through the rest of the Ike's nothing there but was still worth it

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kills me. Today I was dumping 100 in pennies. 2 bags and this lame teller was clueless. While she was fumbling around I was eyeballing her tray.
I spotted 5 Ike's and was planning in asking for them when the chick goes airhead. I asked her to fill out the tear away receipt off the top of the bag. But I notice she has ripped off the wrong tag. So now I'm tripping and trying to save my pennies.... Totally distracted and forgot to ask!!!! Damn!!! It is sooooo rare to see those in teller tray's in my area. Oh well.....

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check it with a magnet . The fields on that coin look pitted and have a dull look to it. Someone on a forum was getting bags of ikes from a bank and they found counterfeits. Morgan and trade dollar I believe. It could be my cellphone quality viewing it. Congrats.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I don't ask for them any more, too many counterfeits. I also get counterfeit Ike's. I hope it's the real deal. Congrats!

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I sent my wife back for rest of them since she was going past there anyways she has them will check them later tonight.

That would be some CRAZY bud... haha
I dont do that ****...not since i was like a freshmen in high school... but just saying.. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread