$200 in Quarters and $100 in Dimes. Silver Finally!!!

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I got 3 silver quarters 1957,1962, and a 1968 50% silver.Also got a 1962 Dime.I guess there is hope of finding silver here in Canada after all ;D.I think I am going to order a box of halfs and see what I get.A teller said that they could order them for me.

HH

Greg

Attachments

• silver.JPG
    silver.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Co0-loo-coo-coo-coo-loo-coo-coo...

Good day eh?

So like, I have often wondered if there was silver to be found in the Great White North eh?

I strongly suggest that you get a couple of boxes of halves, and let us know what you find!

I live in Seattle, and have some WONDERFUL friends in Maple Ridge. If you find some AG, i'd be encouraged to get a few boxes the next time I go to visit them.

With so much of Canada being relatively rural, I wonder if there are some mother lodes to be found in the "Northern Regions".

I tip my glass to you (Maker's Mark Bourbon, not Elsinore Beer), and I hope you find a LOT of silver. Yours is a very beautiful country, and I love visiting it.

Today's Seattle Times had a "whine story" about some person who got a DUI and then could not get into Canada. A lot of people seemed to have a problem with this, but I am not one of them. Break a law - stay the heck out. At least someone seems to be willing to hold people accountable.

Kevlar suit is on...

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicely done there ! Continued good luck with those quarters and dimes (too bad though the Canadian halves and dollars have changed in size over the years to where you won't find any older ones in the newer rolls).

BTW, how do you Canadian coin collectors discern between the 50% silver and the 80% silver dimes and quarters; when the weight and and diameter is the same ? I've yet to figure out a way. Thx.

tinykin

Sep 13, 2009
Which bank will order halfs for you? TD said it wasn't on their order sheet. I was going to try CIBC this week.

OP
OP
greg23

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
1968 quarters and dimes were 50% silver.they also made clad dimes and quarters too.They made halves and dollars out of nickel.In 1967,they made quarters and dimes 80% as well as 50%.Halves and dollars were still 80%.When you sell,the pay rate is mid range between 80% silver, and 50% silver,because nobody can tell which is which.Kind of a pain in the butt if you ask me.A lot of people wont even buy 50% here.

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
if we got that return on quarters in the US we would all be doing quarters down here, but no such luck for any of us - except that rare handwrapped roll which is very unusual.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread