2000.00 IN HALVES....I DID GOOD

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
OK got to the last 2000.00 of the 5000.00 i had ordered.......2 boxes were skunks!! one box had 12 40% and a 54 frank .........other box gave me 55 yes 55 40%ers and 6 64s and a 93s silver....that was a hot little box very fun as almost every roll gave me silver..........so for my weeks total of 10 boxes i got approx ..27 troz oz pretty kewl ............now i know LJs secret ...quanity will get results.......sadly i dont have the time....it was a fun vacation...but monday its back to work and my usual 2 boxes a week :tongue3: :tongue3: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
First of all, a BIG congrats! I would say that is a dream box... 50ish keepers... certainly a dream box to me!

Though I must say I disagree with the quantity bit at least to a degree. Treasure-Slut and I just got done looking through $4,000 in halves today and we didn't hit the double digits in keepers in a single box. We did the same amount last week and had a single box that was right around 10 keepers in it.

Then you get the people on here that do 1-2 boxes a week posting about 100+ keepers...

I must say it is more luck than quantity.

~Dave

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
BBcardsRI said:
First of all, a BIG congrats! I would say that is a dream box... 50ish keepers... certainly a dream box to me!

Though I must say I disagree with the quantity bit at least to a degree. Treasure-Slut and I just got done looking through $4,000 in halves today and we didn't hit the double digits in keepers in a single box. We did the same amount last week and had a single box that was right around 10 keepers in it.

Then you get the people on here that do 1-2 boxes a week posting about 100+ keepers...

~Dave

Although I understand your logic, you can't argue with success. I do 2 to 4 boxes 4 day's a week. Some days Tuesday's box are good and sometimes Wednesday's are better or Thursday's etc. but I can tell you this if I only did 1 day a week and only 3 boxes my success rate would be cut by 75%..... And that my friend is the cold hard truth.

Last week 14 boxes searched. total take about 90 keepers.
This week 12 boxes searched..... 9 keepers. should got 2 more boxes. The next Dream box could be 1 box away.
Can't wait for next week. and if I had the time and money I'd search 30 boxes a week. Volume Volume Volume....

Mojo

Treasure-Slut

Jun 23, 2008
coinmojo said:
BBcardsRI said:

~Dave

Although I understand your logic, you can't argue with success. I do 2 to 4 boxes 4 day's a week. Some days Tuesday's box are good and sometimes Wednesday's are better or Thursday's etc. but I can tell you this if I only did 1 day a week and only 3 boxes my success rate would be cut by 75%..... And that my friend is the cold hard truth.

Last week 14 boxes searched. total take about 90 keepers.
This week 12 boxes searched..... 9 keepers. should got 2 more boxes. The next Dream box could be 1 box away.
Can't wait for next week. and if I had the time and money I'd search 30 boxes a week. Volume Volume Volume....

Mojo

Coinmojo, can you explain your operation a bit? I'm curious as to how you can do THAT many boxes a week on all different days. Over here we have certain ordering days and shipment days thus making it impossible to get boxes in on different days of the week and how could you do so many boxes and have enough dump banks and ordering banks without overloading and pissing off tellers by doing this with too few banks? HOW DO YOU DOOOO IT?

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Well obviously volume HELPS but that isn't the only key.

Luck is the MAIN key...

Volume helps you get that lucky box... but that same lucky box just as easily could have went to someone who only ordered 2 boxes instead of 20.

It happens.

~Dave

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Treasure-Slut said:
Coinmojo, can you explain your operation a bit? I'm curious as to how you can do THAT many boxes a week on all different days. Over here we have certain ordering days and shipment days thus making it impossible to get boxes in on different days of the week and how could you do so many boxes and have enough dump banks and ordering banks without overloading and pissing off tellers by doing this with too few banks? HOW DO YOU DOOOO IT?

Well it's pretty simple here in a big state like Michigan we have Lot's and Lot's of banks as many as 5 or six on some corners. So I buy from 5 different banks and dump at 5 different banks. my dump banks have coin counting machines in the lobby and I just present a receipt to the teller...no hassle.
Smaller amounts don't bother the individual banks so much. if I bought 15 boxes a week from one bank and dumped at one bank I'm pretty sure I would have been turned away a long time ago.

Mojo

Treasure-Slut

Jun 23, 2008
I see. I suppose we just have the right amount of limitations to prohibit us from expanding our operation as much as you have. I only know of one bank near my area with a coin machine and dumping EVERYTHING there would still piss them off since they have to change the bags for every 2 boxes. So that still leaves me dumping boxes. Also, most of the banks around here are BOA's and Citizens banks which both have the same odering and shipping days for their coins so I cannot really have things coming in on all different days.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread