Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140706_225703.png
    ForumRunner_20140706_225703.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
Do-it, was that 2000 5 gal buckets? If so that's 50 tons of material? what was the total take?

I cant wait to get out and move that much material. My Monster Hog has not been getting used like it should. It can process up to 8 tons an hour. It just uses so much water and being in the desert does not help. Gotta get my re-circulating system set up to handle the load.

How many shovels did you guys wear out?

OK so that was a short tired blurb. The total take was not quite 2 ounces. With what I saw in each of my cleanouts I think someone pocketed about 2 ounces. .. but all in all I'm extremely happy with how Black Betty performed and the point was fund raising for the club. Yes those were 5 gal buckets.

Do-it, was that 2000 5 gal buckets? If so that's 50 tons of material? what was the total take? I cant wait to get out and move that much material. My Monster Hog has not been getting used like it should. It can process up to 8 tons an hour. It just uses so much water and being in the desert does not help. Gotta get my re-circulating system set up to handle the load.

So that's 1.2 grams per ton plus whatever got high graded I suppose...

On my usual ground we pull about a gram to a gram and a half per 100 buckets. Sometimes up to four.

Do-it, was that 2000 5 gal buckets? If so that's 50 tons of material? what was the total take?

I cant wait to get out and move that much material. My Monster Hog has not been getting used like it should. It can process up to 8 tons an hour. It just uses so much water and being in the desert does not help. Gotta get my re-circulating system set up to handle the load.

Ya we were using a large settling pond and by the end of the two days the silt from the clay was so thick that I was starting to see material packing behind the riffles. I had to increase the flow rate and slow the feed rate toget them to keep exchanging. One funny point was when we did the first cleanout I forgot to lock the mat down and when I fired up the pump it shot out into a freshly reclamated pond. And I had to go for a swim in silt water to get it back lol. Oh that sucked...

Throw those numbers in my handy dandy home made calculator comes up with $16.90 to $25.35 UP TO $67.59 per cubic yard. Using 70 lbs per bucket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back