2003 20 dollar bills in sequence. Do i keep em or let em go?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these in the till today and was wondering if they might be something to hold on to or let go? I am not a paper currency collector so i am not real sure. all input good, bad, sarcastic and otherwise will be appreciated

IMG_2166.JPG .

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Take a look at closed auctions on eBay. That should give you some idea of market conditions. I would also run these by a local coin club. I would not expect a large premium, but there may be some.

Time for more coffee.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My first choice would be to save them till I really, really, really needed to use them.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea i think i will keep #95 and #96 and spend #99. I looked on ebay and all i am finding is 2 dollar bills and a few one dollar bills but no 20s in sequence anywhere. I know in sequence bills are pretty common with new currency but i have never run across bills this old in circulation and in sequence in such good condition. Maybe its more common than i realize?

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea i think i will keep #95 and #96 and spend #99. I looked on ebay and all i am finding is 2 dollar bills and a few one dollar bills but no 20s in sequence anywhere. I know in sequence bills are pretty common with new currency but i have never run across bills this old in circulation and in sequence in such good condition. Maybe its more common than i realize?

Just so you know just because it say series 2013 doesn't mean they are from that year. They are still printing notes to this day with 2013 on them. As for the notes, its best to just spend them, rather then try to sell them on ebay. You won't get much if anything over $40 for them. The bills you want to look for are bills with super low serial numbers less then 1000. (00000999 or less). Also there are other special serial numbers like repeaters and radars.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They won't have much of a premium in your lifetime, maybe your great grandkids.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input everyone. You were all very helpful. Obviously, the buck will not stop here! The money is back in the cash drawer and ready to continue its journey.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions