2003 HALF DOLLAR DILEMMA.....

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, SO I SEARCHED A BOX OF HALVES. I WAS ABLE TO ACCUMULATE A FULL ROLL OF 2003-P AND 2003-D. ALL WERE IN ALMOST PERFECT CONDITION BUT NOT MINT STATE. VERY NICE BUT STILL HAD TECHNICALLY BEEN CIRCULATED.....ONCE. MY THOUGHT IS THAT THEY WERE MINT ROLLS THAT WERE CASHED IN AND PUT INTO A BATCH OF HALVES. SO MY DILEMMA IS THIS: SHOULD I KEEP THESE EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT GRADE 70 AND WILL PROBABLY BE ONLY WORTH FACE VALUE (THIS YEAR WAS NOT MEANT FOR CIRCULATION),....OR THROW THEM BACK INTO CIRCULATION WHERE THEY WILL BE RUINED FURTHER. ANYBODY HERE WANT TO BUY THEM???, I'D RATHER HAVE THE MONEY TO KEEP SEARCHING. IT'S A SHAME TO THROW THEM BACK IN THE GRINDER....

Upvote 0

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Last year I put back over 600 x 2003s back into the wild in one week. They arent exactly uncommon. Chances are it will be many decades before they have any real collectors value but like many have said before me...someone will pay to much for anything if you try hard enough.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) Stop yelling!
2) This again is one of those questions none of us can answer. It's not a dilemma. You're either a collector of these or you're not. Decide on your own.
HH
enamel7

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
enamel7 said:
1) Stop yelling!
2) This again is one of those questions none of us can answer. It's not a dilemma. You're either a collector of these or you're not. Decide on your own.
HH
enamel7

He might be yelling because he is deaf ;D

Throw em back

OP
OP
bnicholas26

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry guys, i write in caps because i'm a technical writer and i use excel and caps all day. i'll send them back in the mix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread