2007 off to a soggy start

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to the beach about 9 a.m. The weather report said 70% chance of rain. It had already rained earlier and it was supposed to be on and off rain most of the day. My kind of weather ;) The weather kept a majority of the people away. We still had a couple of die hard surfers riding the waves kicked up by the 20-25 MPH winds. There were a couple dozen tourists wandering around. I saw 3 other THers out there. 2 were swinging ace 250's and another guy was in the water with an excalibur. I didn't dig as much trash as I was expecting considering as crowded as the beaches were this weekend. Between all the people down here for the outback bowl and new year's eve, I was expecting a mess. I got back to my car about 4 p.m. this is what I found.

Attachments

• new years day 001.jpg
    new years day 001.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 328
  • new years day 002.jpg
    new years day 002.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 329
  • new years day 003.jpg
    new years day 003.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

HH

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Nice digs Willie! Wished I could get in the water again. Every weekend since October's been rough. I know there's gonna be a lot of goodies down here when it gets calm!

HH 8) surfrat

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I was getting worried, no replies to my post in almost 3 days. Once again, thanks.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
surfrat96 said:
Nice digs Willie! Wished I could get in the water again. Every weekend since October's been rough. I know there's gonna be a lot of goodies down here when it gets calm!

HH 8) surfrat
Yeah, maybe I'll get a waterproof detector with my tax return this year, we'll see. The wife might have something to say about that. ;D

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Willie, I think I met you on the beach that day. I was out there with my wife. We didnt find much either, I think it amounted to less than a dollar between us. Not at all what I expected with all the crowds there for the big game. We ended taking a drive further down to Bellaire where I snagged a silver ring.

Paul

Attachments

• silver ring.jpg
    silver ring.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 208
OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold-digger said:
Hey Willie, I think I met you on the beach that day. I was out there with my wife. We didnt find much either, I think it amounted to less than a dollar between us. Not at all what I expected with all the crowds there for the big game. We ended taking a drive further down to Bellaire where I snagged a silver ring.

Paul
I don't think so. The only husband/wife team I saw, the husband was swinging an ACE 250 and the wife was doing the digging. The guy gave me a funny look when I waved as I went by. That wasn't you was it? ;D Maybe next time though. Take care. Bill P.S. good job on the ring, nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread