2007--The Year of Adventure

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
2007 was a year of Adventure. This hobby leads to so many interesting locations. Most of the treasures displayed here came from public property here in Michigan. The 1900 Barber 50 cent piece is the prize of this year’s collection and ironically it is the only 50 cent piece I have found (silver or clad) since I began hunting 2 years ago. I pretty much tripped over it in the first two minutes of a warm July dig after locating the foundation from an 1859 county map. I thought it was going to be an easy-pickin day. Nope, that was the only oldie I found that day, however, after (much) more searching I made off with an 1894 Indian penny, a 14 k gold ring, a carwash token, and a couple wheaties from that location. The gold pin says “Peterson Training school for Nurses” dated 1920 & I found that way out in the woods along an embankment overlooking a creek under a large Oak tree. A few of the silver coins were found on a hunt with my dad, who I’m getting “hooked” on the hobby, and a few of the other coins were found out huntin’ with Joepher, who always seems to find the coolest stuff (even in the coldest climates). I cashed in last years finds and (part of) this years finds to purchase a nice Garmin GPS. I also received my SCUBA certification and did a couple of dives in the Florida Keys and on a few wrecks in the Great Lakes this summer too. On top of that, I finally completed my masters/teaching degree in Dec., so hopefully next year I will have more time to focus on the adventure of hobby. “There’s treasure everywhere!” So until next time, Thanks to all the people at T-Net for sharing their photos and good advice. I learned a lot about the MXT and different techniques of researching and traveling to locations.
Altogether keepers—
(1) 50 cent piece 1900
(2) Quarters both 1944
(5) Dimes 1915, 1943 s, 1943, 1944, 1944
(2) Nickels 1946, 1952
(1) Indian cent 1894
(1) Large Canadian Cent 1917
(32) Wheaties—oldest 1915, 1918, 1920, 1920 (1919 gave away to homeowner)
(1) 14 k gold ring
(3) Silver rings (including a Cub Scout ring)
(1) Gold Pin
(1) Silver cross with cut glass (bling bling)
(1) Silver religious St. Christopher pendent.
(8) Tokens (car wash, Buick, and chucky cheese mostly.)
(1) Die Cast Pirate—not as cool as the bronze horse I found in 06
(2) Souvenir stretched pennies—porcupine mts. & Edison museum
Approx $100 in clad.

Attachments

• 1900 half.jpg
    1900 half.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 678
  • gold pin.jpg
    gold pin.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 696
  • cubs.jpg
    cubs.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 691
  • pirate.jpg
    pirate.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 686

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Those are some very nice finds!!!!! You had a good year, Hope 2008 will bring many riches!!! WTG

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Nice finds! Messages like yours are the one that keep me motivated. I too love this hobby and I have my son's to thank for getting reconnected to it. My wife bought them some junky metal detectors from Radio Shack, I swung them once and when I heard that "Beep"...I was hooked. Right now I have a ton of clad and some jewelery, the only ring of value stays with me every day now. Look forward to more of your post this Spring.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent finds!

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions