JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Back with another nice assortment of finds. Had a great time in OH hunting the old boy scouts camp. Got to meet new people and see some familar faces like Mirage and Danimal. I also attached a pic of Mirage helping us clear out some silver.

Me and my brother had a good trip including 11 silvers between us. I need some I mean alot of help with a few of these items though guys.

First is the very large silver pin that was found at a old foundation near my house about a week ago. It is marked sterling on the back and had at one time a large stick pin attached to the back of it. It weighs a hefty 21 grams. The women appears to have a star in the center of her head.

Not the nicest looking thing to wear around back in the day. It was down about 10 to 12 inches between two pines that enetered the site. It seemed like it was purposely burried there for some reason. Can anyone shed any light.

Next is a very large copper or bronze type coin found in OH while on the dfxonly hunt. Not much left of it. Appears to have had a bust maybe on the front of it. Maybe it's not a coin. Could it be a old medal of some sort.

Indians were in this area back in the day. Any idea on this piece woukld be greatly appreciated.

Last but not least came up with a silver coin yesterday at one of my parks. It's quarter sized and has a bunch of funny writings on it. Looks to be a fraternal coin of some kind. Any help here would be great to.

It would take a long time to describe and write everything. Just ask questions and I'd be more than willing to answer.

Also on another note. My 7 yr old son found his first old coin finally. It was a 1900 indian. The only one in the group this time. He goes to me Daddy you miseed this coin. I turned around and seen a indian lieying on the surface. I was so proud of him.

Thanks again,

HH Jer

Attachments

• 21 gram oin 001.jpg
    21 gram oin 001.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,043
  • dfxonly hunt plus 004.jpg
    dfxonly hunt plus 004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,025
  • dfxonly hunt plus 005.jpg
    dfxonly hunt plus 005.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,026
  • dfxonly hunt plus 006.jpg
    dfxonly hunt plus 006.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 999
  • dfxonly hunt plus 007.jpg
    dfxonly hunt plus 007.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 986
  • dfxonly hunt plus 008.jpg
    dfxonly hunt plus 008.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 991
  • dfxonly hunt plus 009.jpg
    dfxonly hunt plus 009.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 980
  • dfxonly hunt plus 010.jpg
    dfxonly hunt plus 010.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 989
  • dfxonly hunt plus 011.jpg
    dfxonly hunt plus 011.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 981
  • 21 gram oin 002.jpg
    21 gram oin 002.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,013
  • tusc finds 002.jpg
    tusc finds 002.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • tusc finds 004.jpg
    tusc finds 004.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,005
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys,

No I don't think it was a range. It was a boy scout camp that is still used today by the scouts. Alot of the shells were blanks. They were every where. I wanted to search more for old nickles gold indians. But I wasn't clearing a thousand shells out for them.

I concentrated on more signals that were either deep or sounded good and vdi good. The barber half was about 10 inches down and came in loud and clear.

Thanks DJ, for the lead on the token. I'll build on that and do some more research and see if I can find a similar one. Would be nice to know the age.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

S

Scots Gaelic

Congrats!

The 4th pic, looks like a Jewish talisman.

I love the Lady pendent the most though.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys,

The silver coin really looks like a saudi arabian silver coin. I swear the writings on the edge are just like the one's I saw on the net. I couldn't find the same coin though. They all have that little circle in the center of them.

I also saw a old silver bracelet with a bunch of coins with holes drilled through them that looked very similar to this coin. Oh well at some point I'll get a exact i.d on this one.

I think it may be from the 30's or 40's. Once again thanks for all the ideas.

HH Jer

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Jer that is one AMAZING amout of finds !! :o

Out of everything I saw in the photos I like the pin the most , well besides the old silver , its a different and unique find therefore the best find in my book !! :headbang: It does have a not to attractive / even scary look to it but its COOL !!

Kick butt post !! :blob7:

Derek

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I know you guys and gals had a ball at the best-ever DFXONLY hunt. Your haul is a great one, and I've seen some other mighty fine items on the site, too.

WTG and continued GH in 2008.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great time, Jer! It's always fun to meet and hunt with old friends. Love that broach! It's very unique! Awesome silver too! Great bunch of finds!

Congrats! Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions